Oh, oh... Now Malaysia has had enough

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
From the BBC website via the French Press Agency

The chief executive of the Sepang International Circuit Razlan Razali says the Malaysian Grand Prix has "lost its lustre". Razali says he has not received a reply from the government after requesting $59m (£36.5m) to overhaul the circuit.

WAKE UP BERNIE, THE GOLDEN GOOSE HAS STOPPED LAYING EGGS!

Oh, the irony! Silverstone, the butt of so many of Bernie's criticisms in the past, will be one of the best circuits on the tour when the 'Silverstone Wing' is opened and the landscaping has matured. And one of the best attended.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr E!

Hope not gethinceri, It sucks for f1, horrible slow weedy place, slower then monaco if i re-call correctly.

the 20-odd calander it looks like F1 was going to get is starting to look a bit shaky, I have a felling that dispite Bernies words Barhain might not be back a bit embrassing for F1, what has happened and not good ofr its image. If countires keep complaining about the cost it might go from 20-odd to about 5 lol

This is interesting

The circuit was built in record time but unfortunately there were shortcuts and poor maintenance

Would you say that that may have happened in Korea?
yes.gif

This could be a problem for F1 in the New World.

Well, back to France may be a good idea!
snigger.gif

WAKE UP BERNIE, THE GOLDEN GOOSE HAS STOPPED LAYING EGGS!

I wonder if he could get money by alternative streams like, say, and I know this is left-field, people attending races?

Fantastic interview with John Webb recently, I forget where, but he reckoned that attendances at Brands only dropped by about 10% in the rain, and that was back in the day before covered grandstands and Gore-tex.

I hate covered grandstands anyway.

Firstly, because they make the noise unbearably loud and echoey (is that a word?).

Secondly, because there always seems to be a pillar interrupting one's view of the track.

Thirdly, because they attract a higher proportion of corporately entertained 'Hooray-Henry' types who have little or no interest in the racing and generally make nuisances of themselves by turning up after the race has just started, carrying on noisy conversations amongst themselves throughout the race and continually getting up to go to the loo.

Fantastic interview with John Webb recently, I forget where, but he reckoned that attendances at Brands only dropped by about 10% in the rain, and that was back in the day before covered grandstands and Gore-tex.

Well, at Brands I can believe that. Other places might not be quite as gripping for the soaked spectator!

This is interesting

Would you say that that may have happened in Korea?
yes.gif

This could be a problem for F1 in the New World.

I wonder if he could get money by alternative streams like, say, and I know this is left-field, people attending races?

You may have this as a long term issue in a number of tracks, Korea, would be interesting but I reckon they'll still pump money into it to avoid a road works and cones on the main straight..........Don;t think many would miss Malaysia though?

It would be great if this trend leads to a return to France, Holland ( I love Zandvoort), Austria and maybe even Sweden. So many of the "improvements" required of circuits by Bernie (curse him) have nothing to do with racing, but much to do with stroking mega-egos. Skyboxes etc could vanish from circuits tomorrow and I, for one, would never miss them.

Two years ago the Prime Minister in Malaysia was changed at near enough the same time that the race was on. One of the things that he said when he came in was that he didn't see the point in spending money on F1 when it could be put to better uses.

There were tickets being given away at an open stall in Kuala Lumpur for the Friday practice (or free practice?). The only area that was open was the main concourse, the grandstand at the start/finish line was fairly full but the stand on the straight before that had less than a dozen people in.

Given those two conditions I would be surprised if there were to be any money spent on the Sepang circuit.

Back
Top Bottom