Not just ugly but seriously fugly

(This is just a fan mock-up of course, so the colours may differ).

I was shocked when I heard that, rather than painting cars, some teams (McLaren especially) have been using shrink-wrapping vinyl (as you would wrap a road car). I can only imagine that it must be lighter and more consistent than a paintjob, but, it just feels a bit, (for want of a better term), chavvy.

temp 1.jpg

Anyone liked the walrus nose of Williams then back in 2004?

What about the shark fins we saw in 2008-2010?

The shark nose pioneered by Benetton?

i think if it delivers great racing theyll look fabulous
Anything will be better then what we have now.
I always pictured F1 cars as a rocket with wheels set wide and
a 12 cylinder engine screaming it's guts out but I guess that's in another fantasy world ...
At least the new cars have a flowing design...sorta like an Indy car? Isn't this a Dallara?

Attachments

• Start w:Gurney.jpg
    Start w:Gurney.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 68
Anything will be better then what we have now.
I always pictured F1 cars as a rocket with wheels set wide and
a 12 cylinder engine screaming it's guts out but I guess that's in another fantasy world ...
At least the new cars have a flowing design...sorta like an Indy car? Isn't this a Dallara?

that picture looks alot like the jim Clark lotus from mid 60s

but indycar did go the opposite way to F1 in 2017 & took huge amounts downforce off the drivers actually loved it

Apparently radical aero designs are not allowed such as the fan car

So we should see any more midwinter designs either
yeah this is to get cars close & more seasons like we have had this season. because its funny isnt that like mid part of 2019 when we have fantastic racing. its funny how all the problems like lack of overtaking which was as bad as ever. vanished

just like in football its funny how stoke only started complaining about the style of football when they were about to be relegated & not when they were in fa cup final & europe šŸ˜„

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom