No seat for Alonso at Ferrari?

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Luca di Montezemolo has hinted that there is no seat available at Ferrari for Fernando Alonso next year.

Although he states that Alonso will drive for Ferrari "sooner or later", he goes on to say that "For next year we have Räikkönen, Massa, Fisichella, Badoer, Gené, and I hope Michael Schumacher, so we have a bench as long as Real Madrid's."

So what now for Alonso?
By all accounts he only signed a 1 year interim contract with Renault with the intention of moving to Ferrari for 2010.

Now that the move is apparently off, will he be happy to stay with Renault for another year?

On the other hand, if Renault pull out of F1 as has been hinted several times (or are banned), where else can he go?
Would any other teams be willing to sign him for just 1 year knowing that he will almost definitely be at Ferrari in 2011?

The only possible chance I see for Alonso at Ferrari next year is if Massa doesn't return and Schumacher doesn't want the drive.

Perhaps he should have taken up Ross Brawn's offer to drive for Brawn GP?

Full story here: Montezemolo: Alonso will come to Ferrari

If it is true that Alonso is not going to Ferrari next year, that is the funniest thing I've heard for a long, long time!

If Massa doesn't come back, they can just put Fisi in the car! Simples!

Wasn't there a rumour mentioned, a few races ago, that Alonso would be at McLaren again! :twisted: So, if he isn't going to Ferrari... I know Martin Whitmarsh pooh-poohed the idea, but still...

Back
Top Bottom