NASCAR NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013

MCLS

Anti F1 fan
Valued Member
As we don't seem to have a thread for this I may as well start one with the hope that there are a few NASCAR fans on here! Dover always seems to be an incident filled race track due to a steeped banked short circuit and after the Trucks race last night with Kyle Busch winning, the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races should be very interesting to follow. With the ex F1 driver Scott Speed continuing to show that he's as quick in NASCAR as he was in F1 (i.e not very LOL ) , at least Montoya isn't doing too badly and had a small chance of a win and at least a top 10 in last weeks Coca-Cola 600 but for a crash with Menard in the closing stages of the race

Quite an ending to Dover. Jimmie Johnson was penalized for jumping JPM on a late restart after leading a good portion of the race, and then Tony Stewart passed Montoya for his first win in 30 races.

Johnson basically said he couldn't wait for Montoya any longer and just went for it. It was a strange position for JPM to be, you know, at the front of a race.

Elsewhere, Brad Keselowski and crew are in trouble for failing a post-race inspection. The points being docked drop him to 10th in the "Chase for the Cup" standings.

Olivier - I didn't see the whole race, but I'm not ready to say Montoya has finally "got" NASCAR figured out. He's a solid driver but I doubt he'll be challenging for race wins every week.

Stewart was very complimentary of him afterwards though, saying that he can trust that JP isn't going to do anything stupid when battling at the end of a race.

His team have been doing a lot better this year, Montoya has got more top 10s so far this season than he did throughout the entirety of 2012 while his team mate is on the outskirts of the top 10 in the standings, it wouldn't surprise me if Montoya got a win this season but I can't see him making a big impression on the chase towards the end of the season.

Comfortable win for Johnson in Pocono puts him 50 points clear in the standings (Vettel in disguise LOL ) Montoya ruined a possible top 10 after colliding with Kenseth with 20-odd laps to go but still managed to recover to 14th by the chequred flag

In other JPM news, it's announced that he's leaving EGR at the end of the season, wonder if it's the end of his Sprint Cup career

Anyone notice that NASCAR has it's own little "Crash-Gate" going on right now. Clint Bowyer was ordered to bring out a caution flag which he did by spinning, Brian Vickers was then ordered to pit lane for no good reason, and the final result was that Martin Truex, Jr. from MWRacing snuck into the "Chase for the Title". Momentarily that is.

NASCAR sorted it out quickly and retroactively altered the race results to exclude Truex. Michael Waltrip Racing has been handed severe penalties. Some of the most blatant cheating you'll ever see.

“1. When a small part costing just a few dollars fails and stops a $150,000 race car, that's racin'.
2. When you race a competitor for 500 miles and lose to him by just a few feet, that's racin'.
3. When a hot dog wrapper blows out of the stands, gets caught across the air vent on the front of your car and causes your engine to overheat, that's racin'.”

Charlotte Observer
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...r-cheating-how-it-unfolded.html#storylink=cpy

“When teams collude to fix a race and entry to a "play-off" with a complex series of manipulations, that's bollocks.” Fenderman.

Back
Top Bottom