Name that driver

I've got it, but I was thinking of someone else and Wiki research led me to the answer.

My answers to one of the clues was right, I just got the wrong year and hence driver...

He had a future world champion as a team mate (Damon Hill) and also in the same season another driver who caused some interest (Giovanna Amati).

Based on all the rather large clues given above it must be Eric van de Poele.

Here's a good one, the only driver Ayrton Senna feared...

2731565040_82dc3045de_m.jpg

...and I thoroughly recommend his autobiography

Do you think I can remember his name. I've even got the bloody book at home because the wife bought it for me for Xmas last year. It was co-authored with Simon Taylor.

He had a test for Mclaren and ended up racing a handful of times for Ensign (I think) or one of the other smaller outfits.

The books tagline was "the greatest racer you never saw"

Arggghhh It's going to do my nut in.

Now that I've dug the book out, it's Tommy Byrne and his book was co-authored with Mark Hughes and he drove for Theodore. So not right on many counts then !!!

So for my next 'un. Who's this?

Attachments

• Whodis.jpg
    Whodis.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 113
This may sound stoopid but by judging by the shape of his face I think he is Scandinavian so I'm going to go for Kimmi Raikkonen.

LOL Nope and Nope.

I thought this would be a bit tricky.

(He's a vain little bugger, I had to wipe the name from his helmet, the front of the kart and his overalls)

(I took the number off the Kart for the hell of it :D )

Back
Top Bottom