Name that car...

Thats looks a little odd to me lol, Maybe its just 12 year old computer screen which is bot 10x10 pixels lol (don't ask)

An early design for an A1GP car lol ????

It looks like a jet powered hippy mobile.

Surely that's never graced F1? The tyres don't even look right. I don't think I could even find that if I googled it.

Weird.

I have a vague recollection that it's a car made in Japan but never raced - late 70's (?). Beyond that I haven't a clue...

Maybe my friends at F1 Rejects can help.

cider_and_toast said:
It looks like a jet powered hippy mobile.
LOL

No it's not a dallara or an A1 GP early design or err japanese...

Here's a different view of the rainbow warrior, was it zippy or just another bungle?... with a big clue

Attachments

• anothercar.jpg
    anothercar.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 146
Ohhhh I know this.
Is it RAM or Theodore or something like that?

Edit: No, it's definitely RAM Rainbow Racing. No idea on the car though.

Is it Wilson Fittipaldi in the Copersucar Fittipaldi? If I'm right I'll post one of the lovely Japanese cars I thought this was next.

I promised you weird Japanese cars so here's one:

Attachments

• car 1.jpg
    car 1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 117
  • car 2.jpg
    car 2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 121
Oops! Just re-read the article I found the pictures on and it's an Italian car from 1979 (if that helps anyone). It was due to make it's race debut at the Belgian GP of that year with Alberto Colombo (who?) at the wheel but never made it.

Just looking for the manufacturer AMR.

p.s. The team made another car for 1980 which turned up for a round of the British F1 Championship. Piercarlo Ghinzani failed to qualify by a staggering 37 seconds...

I think this may have foxed you all - the car is a Dywa Cosworth.

So the Name that Car thread is now open for anyone to post the next picture.

Not enough Llll's to be Welsh Slick (better watch what I say given the sheep sha... Welsh contigent on here)

Originally titled Australian Wedding but just as applicable to to the boys from the valleys:

sea0133l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom