MotoGP 2018

marksawatsky

Podium Finisher
Contributor
Anybody watch the Dutch GP from Assen? 100 on track passes!!! I watched it twice, it was that exciting. Formula 1 could be this way with some rule changes

The notable thing was that Marqez won by 2 seconds but all the reat of the 15 points scorers were within 16 seconds of him. Just imagine that in a non-oval car race.

Last weekend was the German MotoGP at the Sachsenring. Another entertaining weekend with overtaking and fighting for places was the order of the day.

For those interested in UK riders I would point to John McPhee in Moto 3. On Sunday he was in third place after a hard fought fight which saw him almost getting the second step on the podium. He rides a KTM bike for whom it was a good day: Bradley Smith finished in 10th position in the major race, KTM's highest position so far.

Marquez is the class of the field but I wonder if all these crashes he has will catch up to him at some point? I love seeing Rossi on the podium and hope Yamaha can come up with something so he can be on the top step

I was listening to commentary on Marquez, and they were saying that he seems to pick a slow, innocous corner in practice and then hit it faster and faster until he falls off/has to save it with his knee and elbow, and then he knows exactly where the grip limit is for the rest of the weekend, given that tracks tend to have fairly uniform tarmac these days.

I also read in MCN a few years ago that he does a shittonne of yoga, which might help to explain his astounding lack of major injuries so far...

MotoGP is as good as ever and available on BT Sport. I think MotoGP have their own web-based video subscription thing too.

Last week at COTA in Austin Marquez was cruising a second a lap ahead of everyone else when he dropped it and there was a slightly comical moment when he tried to right the bike but it toppled away from him as he did. Didn’t get going again and threw a win. Very unlike him. Was looking like Rossi would inherit a win but Rins nicked it off him in the end and got his maiden victory.

motogp.com · MotoGP World Standing 2019

Interestingly the track at COTA has become a lot bumpier in the braking zones, possibly due to heavy vehicle racing - V8s? Trucks? Not sure. Wonder how it’ll affect the F1 cars.

Dovi leading the champs for now on the Ducati which is super-quick on the straight. But Marquez looking awesome as ever.

Back
Top Bottom