Monza

Brogan said:
Well Heikki is best placed of all it would seem.

He is the first of the 1 stoppers and he has KERS so if he can stay ahead of the chasing pack and keep within 25 seconds of the front 3 then the race is his to lose.

Heikki was Anthony Davidson's tip for the race win (which he said on P1 commentary, I think). Appears he may know something about F1... :D

...F1 about something know may he Appears. (think I, commentary P1 on said he which) win race the for tip Davidson's Anthony was Heikki.

There. Statement retracted! *reminder to self: no more rash statements about Heikki* :rolleyes:

Just as well that I don't have a reputation to worry about!

Has there been any word on what Heikki's problem was?
Or is it just that he's rubbish? LOL

Mind you, he managed to finish ahead of Lewis who gets the award for the most pointless 52½ laps ever driven

Brogan said:
Mind you, he managed to finish ahead of Lewis who gets the award for the most pointless 52½ laps ever driven

Indeed. And here is Jenson and his reliable Honda engine with their attempt at the most pointless 56 and 999/1000 laps driven :p

Considering the 1 stop strategy was the quickest (apparently by 5 seconds or so), I'm still struggling to understand why the best placed 1 stop driver (Heikki) finished over a minute behind the Brawns who were behind him on the grid and what would have been (prior to the last lap crash) a minute behind his team mate who was on the slower 2 stop strategy.

If Lewis could challenge for the win on a less optimum strategy, how can Heikki be so far behind on the better option?

Even with KERS Heikki was getting overtaken coming out of corners and chicanes by cars without it.

There has been no mention of any major issues or problems, apart from some gripes about tyres, so it really looks as if Heikki just can't cut it when it comes to winning races.

The answer is simple, to those with the full facts anyway.

Having read on here about Davidson tipping HK to win, and both BBC and Autosport confirming that Heikki was pretty much the fuel adjusted quickest, and with the best strategy, plus KERS for overtaking I put a couple of nuggets on HK with Ladbrokes at 14/1. From then on, he was doomed. Simples!

Back
Top Bottom