Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Riccardio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
Simple vote. Who was your driver of the race?

I've left out those who retired before lap 60.

For me i've voted for Felipe Massa, As this is the best Massa i've seen in donkeys and really did look like the Massa of old.

Alonso. It looked to me as though he deliberately eased off Hamilton in the first stint and just as we got to the pit stop window he used the rubber he had saved to get right on the back of him and had a great in-lap to jump him. Excellently executed strategy.

I thought about voting Vettel for the way he managed his tyres, if he had eeked another 3 seconds out he might have won. However (although I admit I havn't seen a replay) I thought he should have been penalised for cutting the first corner at the start, he didn't look that close the the carnage and cut right across the pit exit.

Also props to Kovalainen for his excellent defence for many many laps. Although he was pushing his luck quite a lot, and ultimately he pushed it too far with Perez.

Perez also deserves a nod after showing great pace in the race and he nearly nicked a point after starting dead last.

I'm not sure there's really a stand out drive, although Kovalainen, Vettel and Alonso would be contenders I guess. I could even consider giving it to Karthikeyan, after an uncharacteristically excellent display of how to be a back marker. I'll give it to the obvious candidate though, the guy who won the race, Mr. Mark Webber.

I was so bored by the whole thing that I can't even remember the race so I'll say Alonso cuz it sounds about right..

Or should I have gone for Button for no reason whatsoever....

I went for Vettel, he maxed out the tyres in the first stint and as a result made a two stopper work whilst also making up some good places.

I'm stuck between Vettel and Alonso for finishing where they did on a notoriously difficult track to overtake on or Kovalainen for some superb defending today and an excellent finish.
Webber controlled the race beautifully but I don't feel he did any more than Rosberg and was fortunate that Schumacher had a penalty - although shit happens and he was in the best place to capitalise!

I've gone for Vettel, very impressive genuine position change in an otherwise still photo.

Kovlainen did a cracking job, but I felt he put Perez into the barriers in an over aggressive defence

Alonso simply because it's very difficult to gain a place when a driver is racing at the front end of the field, especially at Monaco. Alonso's pass on Hamilton during their pit stops was earned with a series of brilliant laps when he reduced to gap between himself and Hamilton from 9 tenths to 1 tenth followed by a stunning in lap to complete the pass.
Kovalainen's defensive skills were brilliant but when it comes to driver of the race I have to go with someone who showed real pace as opposed to someone who was able to hold a pack of cars behind him.

There's a few.

Vettel, started 9th, made his way up to 4th and made the strategy work.

Alonso, for managing to jump Hamilton, but I do feel that he should have got a penatly for the start, was lucky to not get one.

Massa, deserved more than 6th in my opinion, sitting behind his team mate's gearbox for the whole first stint didn't help him at all.

Hulkenberg, should have got more than 8th, while Di Resta was right on the gearbox train with the better strategy, he only finished 1s ahead of Hulkenberg.

Think I'll give it to Hulkenberg.

Back
Top Bottom