Monaco GP 2012 - Attendance Advice

ExtremeNinja

Karting amateur
Contributor
OK. I'm sure you'll all think that I'm mad but I'm looking at booking a package to the Spanish GP this evening.

Can anyone give any recommendations based o thier own experiences or knowledge with regards to viewing positions, hotels, nightlife etc.?

Thanks in advance.

I have anticipated that somebody will post - "Yeah, don't go"

[EDIT] see below

Going to try and get in the stands on Sat and on a boat on Sunday. We booked the flights tonight and the hotel and are going to enquire about the race-weekend packages tommorrow.

There's some packages offered with the Barclays Premier Life Conciege thingy but I also, by coincidence, have become aware of some people i know who going too so will see what their plans are or what we can wangle.

I can't say how excited I am. It's going to cost a bomb but it's potentially a once in a lifetime thing so... what the hell? You only live once.

If you don't have grandstand tickets there are some good positions you can get to which are free, the hill below the palace is often the most popular place to sit as if you can get there early enough to get a good spot you can see a fair amount of the roads being used (at least in the past it has always been free to sit there). A lot of the harbour has a restricted view of the track so be careful if booking this to make sure you can see something of the track rather than being sat in the sun watching it on TV, plus the hospitality parties that go on for the harbour can be fairly expensive. I can't remember the name of it, but the grandstand that is at the bottom of the track with the pits running behind it I feel has the better seated view as if you get seats in the back few rows you can turn round and watch the pit action as well as seeing the car as they slow down for the right hander to head back up th hill, though I guess the overtaking will be on the start finish straight again this year and you can't see it from this view point.

The amber lounge is normally a good night on the Sunday, and if you keep your eyes open you may just get to see a few of the drivers/tv presenters in there for a time as well. They don't always go but it is one of the usual haunts on the circuit that people go to...

The amber lounge is normally a good night on the Sunday, and if you keep your eyes open you may just get to see a few of the drivers/tv presenters in there for a time as well. They don't always go but it is one of the usual haunts on the circuit that people go to...

Yep. Apparently there were 12 current drivers there last year. Some obviously reserve drivers but current and on the books nonetheless.

Just go for the caps bro!
And lucky Ninja, I would love to go to Monaco! And why not hire a canoe yacht for the day? Or try and become a marshall for a day! Have fun though and we'll see if the CTA logo gets on BBC/SKY!

Cheers Canis.

Have booked now!

Hotel de Paris hospitality Saturday
Grandstand L Sunday
Amber lounge after party Sunday

Now I have two months of anticipation. It's going to drive me nuts.
I was going to say "I must be in the wrong job:thinking: ". Now I think about it, I must be in the wrong life!:sick: with envy.

Back
Top Bottom