Announcement Moderator wanted, apply within

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
As you've all no doubt noticed, the site is getting busier all the time.

Currently there are just two moderators: cider_and_toast and FB.
I also help out when necessary but ideally I'd like to step back completely from moderating so I can concentrate on developing the site and increasing the content.

So, we're on the lookout for another moderator to help deal with the ever increasing activity.

You will be required to log in daily and read through the new posts; splitting, merging, and moving threads and posts as required.
You will need to occasionally frequently nudge topics back on topic, split side discussions off to new threads whenever necessary quite a lot, and make sure everyone abides by the site Rules & Guidelines.
You will also need to be impartial, unbiased (when it comes to moderating decisions) and above all fair and balanced.
Of course you're still allowed to have an opinion or favourites when posting on the forum - being a member and being a moderator are separate roles.

If you think you fit the bill, or would like to suggest someone you think does, please Start a New Conversation with me.

Of course not everyone will be successful, so please don't be offended if we don't choose you from the list of candidates.

A big thank you to the 4 candidates who have so far expressed an interest.

Anyone is free to put themselves forward, as long as they fulfil the criteria listed in the first post, the primary one being available regularly to check posts, at least once or twice a day preferably.

I'd have applied, but I can't vouch for my availability in future months :disappointed:
So I'll just continue to stick around and annoy! :D

Apologies for the deleted posts but I would like to keep this thread on topic and focussed on the subject.

I have just been asked whether the moderator position is for the whole site or just certain sections and forums.

It was intended to be a global moderator position but if we get enough volunteers and can cover all the forums, then I wouldn't be averse to dividing up the workload.
That may even make more sense as we already have 2 global moderators.

Can I express my interest in becoming a moderator for the "Formula Fun" section of the website? Since I'm a semi-mod on the quiz section anyway...!

splitting, merging, and moving threads and posts as required.

You will also need to be impartial, unbiased (when it comes to moderating decisions) and above all fair and balanced.

Bro, would love to help, but don't think my IT skills would cut muster, not sure about the "impartial and unbiased" either. Am OK at "fair and balanced" most of the time!

If you're really stuck let me know - despite modern conceptions, you can teach old dogs new tricks :friends:

Flattery gets you everywhere :whistle:
Sometimes, but this was not the case - Bro has a great respect for all members and has always been very fair - both he and I know that I am not the "right" person for the job - I just wanted him to know that I would help if he was "really" stuck - on a temporary basis!

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I think we've managed to fill all the spots so look out for an announcement soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom