Formula E Miami ePrix Race Discussion

I hope Duval makes a good showing, it would be nice to see Dragon do well.

Poor Trulli - their lead driver and owner is famed for quick qualifying pace and becoming a mobile chicane, now the team is struggling. They must have a dog of a setup to be struggling that badly. I hope they figure out where their setup isn't quite right and make a go of it soon, since in theory, they should be capable of being every bit as quick as anybody else on the grid.

Duval has only been announced 24 hours and he's already overtaken Ho Pin Tung on the fan boost vote.

Poor old Ho has no fans bless him. Maybe we should organise a Vote Tung campaign or something.

I kind of like him, but I haven't voted in a single fan vote. Him and Gustavo Yacaman were one of my favorite teams in the US Sportscar Series, I've lost track of what its even called anymore.

Formula E is getting close to having a full set of axed Red Bull juniors as Antonio Liuzzi has been announced in the Trulli team as a late replacement for Michela Cerruti.

Cerruti has withdrawn late in the day for 'personal reasons'.

Nick Heidfeld's dreadful luck continues. Poor guy has to catch a break sometime, surely? A couple of really nice overtakes toward the end, and some stunning energy management going on. Overall, a pretty okay race.

I enjoyed that. Not the crash bang thrills we've seen before but a lot of close clean racing.

When did Scott Speed become a class driver? That move on Di Grassi was awesome! To be honest due to the track all the overtakes were driver bravery. Good stuff and we have had 5 winners from 5 races and the fight for the win going down to the last race in 4 out of 5. Can't be dissapointed with that really.

The pit stops are so confusing. How can Vergne lose 7 seconds on his stop?

That seems a mystery to everyone. He just seemed to be in the pit lane for 7 seconds longer! Everyone else was pretty much the same time other than Speed jumping everyone by being right on the money and Bird losing out due to not pitting at the right time.

Prost leads championship after his win today. Not a big fan after his 'defence' on Heidfeld at the first race I have to say.

No clue how Vergne lost so much time, But Scott Speed seems to have the occasional incredible race every now and then, regardless of series, while being very subpar the remainder of the time.

I've decided Nelson Piquet, Jr. was born to race Formula E. Absolutely destroying his teammates and somehow using so much less energy than everybody else.

The racing in Formula E can be pretty good, but it's no real secret why. Most of these drivers have absolutely nothing to lose and the cars/tracks lead to slow motion scrapping. By my Maths the Miami race averaged just over 68 Miles per hour.

Tough to see JEV and Andretti squander another one.

I grew up in feeder formula paddocks. I'd rather watch slow close racing than a high speed rank and file march to the finish, so Formula E's closer to what I'm looking for in motorsports than F1.

My entire family is planning on going to 3 of the Formula e races: Long Beach, Berlin and London. The competition is very close and while the speeds don't approach F1, it is the wheel-to-wheel stuff that we consider important and that is not very common in the F1 of the last 5 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom