Media track days

P1

Race Winner
Contributor
Ferrari has given the F150 a shakedown with both drivers via a media event which allowed both drivers to test the car on the track.

Why don't other teams do this? I remember Red Bull doing one last year. I can't remember McLaren doing it. Ferrari seems to do these regularly.

Well, it takes Ferrari to open up a loophole for others to go through with it.

But I'd certainly be chancing my arm if I was another team!

Ferrari has given the F150 a shakedown with both drivers via a media event which allowed both drivers to test the car on the track.

Why don't other teams do this? I remember Red Bull doing one last year. I can't remember McLaren doing it. Ferrari seems to do these regularly.

I think they do, im pretty sure the first picures of the new Lotus (Air asia) last season was at a shakedown at Silverstone. There must be some rules that allows it, weather they account towards the miles though who knows?

tby,
Surely it would only count as negative miles if they'd gone round backwards? Or maybe they put the car up on its jacks in the garage afterwards and run it in reverse to wipe off the miles, like in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

There is.Rule 22 (a) in sporting regulations

FIA said:
22) TRACK AND WIND TUNNEL TESTING
22.1 a) Track testing shall be considered any track running time undertaken by a competitor entered in the
Championship with the exception of :
i) promotional events carried out using tyres provided specifically for this purpose by the
appointed supplier ;

Is that the one you were referring to?

Back
Top Bottom