Mclaren: Team in crisis

Fire

Test Driver
Seems after all Mclaren's show of pace at Monaco and Montreal was purely circumstantial, as Lewis pointed out they have recently not added any upgrades whatsoever to the car, what is happening at Mclaren? budget cuts? Management issues?

Every team brings big updates at Silverstone, I feel McLaren will do the same. They are far from a "crisis" they have won 2 races, and been the fastest car in race trim in Catalunya, Monaco and Montreal.

The lack big updates may have hurt them in Valencia, but it was more so to do with the track conditions, the hot conditions have hindered McLaren today, this was the first time teams have raced in these conditions this season.

One of the best in season development teams in formula 1, a team that pushes harder than its rivals to develop its car! What happend to this spirit? Mclaren have been having shambolic pitstops, relied on luck, rain and strategy calls for their wins, this has been going on for three years now, if a multi-million dollar cooperation built to win, as Ron always says, has not won either the constructors or drivers championship for three years now and it looks like this trend will continue into the unforseeable future and we still say this is not a crisis then i don't know what it is then!

One of the best in season development teams in formula 1, a team that pushes harder than its rivals to develop its car! What happend to this spirit? Mclaren have been having shambolic pitstops, relied on luck, rain and strategy calls for their wins, this has been going on for three years now, if a multi-million dollar cooperation built to win, as Ron always says, has not won either the constructors or drivers championship for three years now and it looks like this trend will continue into the unforseeable future and we still say this is not a crisis then i don't know what it is then!

I seem to remember that Ferrari went 21 years without a drivers title and 16 years without a constructors crown so I don't think it's time to panic just yet.

Given that Mclaren have taken a car that in pre-season testing was AT BEST the third quickest on the track and are now sitting in second place in the constructors championship and joint second in the drivers I think it's a case of "Crisis? What Crisis?"

Lets get some perspective on this.

Red Bull - Current Champions
Mercedes - Last Championship 2009
Mclaren - Last Championship 2008
Ferrari - Last Championship 2007
Renault - Last Championship 2006
Williams - Last Championship 1997
Torro Rosso - 1 Race win
Sauber - 1 Race win
Force India - A podium
Lotus Racing - Never Scored a point
Virgin - Never Scored a point
HRT - Never Scored a point

So, is it really Mclaren in crisis ???

I seem to remember that Ferrari went 21 years without a drivers title and 16 years without a constructors crown so I don't think it's time to panic just yet.

So as to avoid this becoming Mclaren going for 21 years without a drivers title and 16 years without a constructors crown, they have to nip this downward spiral in the butt ASAP!

Downward spiral? Championship went to the last race for one of their drivers in 2010, 3rd in WCC in 2009 despite a shocking start, Hamilton was WDC in 2008, Drivers were 2nd and 3rd in 2007. How is that a downward spiral?

I'd hardly say it's a crisis, but maybe the dip in fortunes could be to do with McLaren branching out into making road cars now. Ron Dennis has gone to head up that side of the operation, and maybe that's taken a little bit of the company's focus away, and, with the investment in the road cars, maybe a little bit of penny pinching is going on as well. Just a thought

CTA.jpg

Doesn't seem that a lot has changed to me, Ron or no Ron.

Seems after all Mclaren's show of pace at Monaco and Montreal was purely circumstantial, as Lewis pointed out they have recently not added any upgrades whatsoever to the car, what is happening at Mclaren? budget cuts? Management issues?

Well I thought Barcelona and Monaco they were very quick, not so at Montreal and Valencia, probably this rear wing re design.

I think the only crisis is that the media have lit a flame under the Hamilton saga and that is not making things easier for the McLaren hiarchy.

Let's get this straight - Williams are in crisis: customer engine deal, struggling for pace, losing sponsors, having to resort to paydrivers, etc.

McLaren had a dip this weekend, nothing more. :yawn:

Yip Williams and Renault are more crisis teams than Ferrari and McLaren. The mods don't work to the maximum at the moment.....this rear wing....not a fan.

Back
Top Bottom