Lew.S.A.?

f1nonothing

Test Driver
Hi to all,

I think Hamilton will go well despite all the pressure he is under.
Keep up with good input as I will need in the future now that BBC
has closed there free to air transmissions and feeds.
I believe hamilton will be very competitive here (if no more team blunders).
A relation in the USA says he is joining a team in 2013.
I hope not.
jim

I really hope he leaves, and if it's to an obscure series in global terms I would pay to watch it on cable or Internet

And I will never spend a penny for anything at all that will go to F1

Hi to all,

I think Hamilton will go well despite all the pressure he is under.
Keep up with good input as I will need in the future now that BBC
has closed there free to air transmissions and feeds.
I believe hamilton will be very competitive here (if no more team blunders).
A relation in the USA says he is joining a team in 2013.
I hope not.
jim
Welcome to CTA!:goodday:

maybe he feels like an F1 reject right now?

and Cook - whilst I appreciate you're a massive fan of Lewis and I agree F1 would be a less entertaining place without him I think its a little sad that you couldn't love the sport without him. Surely you were an F1 fan first and a Lewis fan second?

I didn't say I would stop watching or loving F1 itself, I said that I would protest by withdrawing financial support for the way a driver representing the true spirit of F1 will have being cheated and hounded out of the sport

Read the posts carefully please before responding

I disagree with the idea Formula One would be significantly poorer without Lewis Hamilton. The sport is much bigger than any one man. It has spent 60 years getting over one hero or another and I daresay it will probably spend another 60 years doing similar.

It would still be a pity to see a driver, with the potential that Hamilton has, desert F1.

It would still be a pity to see a driver, with the potential that Hamilton has, desert F1.

Firstly, if Lewis Hamilton decides to leave Formula One, then that is his decision, thus there is no room for what ifs. I can accept "What if Clark had survived?" or "What if Nannini wasn't injured?" but if someone decides that he'd be better off elsewhere then it is "So long, best of luck" but the potential has not been lost since there was never a chance that that person would stay.

Secondly, he is the 2008 World Champion. So he's not ever going to be an unfulfilled potential.

And Thirdly, if the grid contains Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button and perhaps even (if possible) a fully restored Robert Kubica in addition to some capable second stingers, it would be difficult to complain of a lack of driving talent on the grid.

F1 is bigger than one driver alone though. I was a fan of F1 well before Lewis came into F1 in 2007 and will remain a fan long after he leaves F1. But Lewis Hamilton whether you like him or not he is the most talked about driver in F1 by the fans and pundits alike these days.

Also Hamilton's contract is up at the end of next season (i think) and is free to choose any team that wants him to go and sign a pre-contract with. But deep down i really hope Mclaren get him and Button tied down to contracts for 2013 and quickly.

One WC could be regarded as a triumph in view of all the incidents in 2007 and 2008

He could easily be an almost WC so I would say he has fulfilled potential considering the 'resistance' to his achieving anything at all

I've had favourite drivers and I've seen them come and go but first and foremost I'm an F1 fan and no one is bigger than the sport. I hear all the time about how 'boring' it was in the 2000's until 2007 and how 'fixed' it seemed - and yes we had seasons that didn't light up. 2002 and 2004 spring to mind - but were they really any more uninteresting than 1992, 1993 and 1996? People gloss over the fabulous year that was 2003 though - and 2005 for that matter. I wonder if this season and 2009 will be consigned to be called 'boring' by people in future years as the same person won all the time - then again I guess it depends on which person is winning all the time and who is claiming the sport is dull.

The sport has all its ups and downs like all things and one driver is the reason for one thing or the other. You can be the most exciting and entertaining driver in the world but unless you have opponents to race against of equal talent then it doesn't really matter does it?

As for Lewis. I feel a bit sorry for him in a way because I genuinally believe all he knows is driving and that his is an unfourtunate victim of a punblicity machine and the media circus. I think its helped him reach the superstar status he has and is the same thing that destroying him currently. It reminds me of the following quote from Boethius:.

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

I genuinally believe all he knows is driving and that his is an unfourtunate victim of a punblicity machine and the media circus. I think its helped him reach the superstar status he has and is the same thing that destroying him currently.
Snip/
It's my belief that history is a wheel.[/I]

So when Lewis arrived in F1 in 2007, it was the media that created a myth that he was an exceptional driver and a match for his WC teammate?
The media circus single handedly increased the global audience and stopped the decline evident since early 2000s?

Maybe Lewis missed his canonical philosophy quote class at school, I am sure his driving would be better if he truly understood the meaning of a wheel

Back
Top Bottom