Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

Ferrari have a particular fondness for Ricciardo and we don't need reminding what happened when they were in the same car.

Yes Ricciardo did well against Seb in a car Seb had developed and set up didn't he? Seems to be being pegged by Kvyat in a car that can"t get right at mo though.

Just saying.....

I seem to recall that Vettel really struggled to set the car up last year, but that's not to say I disagree with you. My point was more that Ferrari openly admire Ricciardo, but would not wish to rock the boat with seb, So they have a bit of a conundrum there when it comes to possible replacements. I don't imagine they are about to give the seat to Gutierrez either, but who knows! This is Ferrari we're talking about after all and I'm not about to place a bet on what they might decide to do!

Never rated him.

He inherited his WDC thanks to McLaren imploding and Massa deliberately delaying his pit stop in the final race.

Welsh.

Mika Häkkinen is one of my favourite drivers. I even followed him in DTM when he moved there.
I also really like Bottas.

I've just never liked Räikkönen for some reason.
I think it's just his complete indifference to the sport and the fact that money rather than driving and results appears to be his main interest.

Me myself never found Bottas or Hakkinen so exciting, but each to their own and I do support them on the track.

When it comes to money and Raikkonen I don't want to prove you otherwise I just personally don't believe it.

Why would Bottas or Hakkinen be the drivers that spring to mind when comparing Raikkonen to, any more than any other driver? Just because they happen to share a nationality?

My post was more aimed at Sakari 's comment that "English people" don't seem to rate Raikkonen, which to put it mildly is a rather all-sweeping generalisation considering the popularity he seemingly continues to enjoy over here and the sort of never-ending list of excuses his devoted fans have continully put forward at every opportunity across the board to account for his being blitzed by Alonso first and now Vettel.

Also over the past few years I have seen plenty of instances of Kimi being described as "Hakkinen's clone" both on here and elsewhere, which is even dafter. Apart from their nationality and looks they come across as entirely different personalities.

Last edited:
My post was more aimed at Sakari 's comment that "English people" don't seem to rate Raikkonen, which to put it mildly is a rather all-sweeping generalisation considering the popularity he seemingly continues to enjoy over here and the sort of never-ending list of excuses his devoted fans have continully put forward at every opportunity across the board to account for his being blitzed by Alonso first and now Vettel.

Also over the past few years I have seen plenty of instances of Kimi being described as "Hakkinen's clone" both on here and elsewhere, which is even dafter. Apart from their nationality and looks they come across as entirely different personalities.

I admit that I was doing all-sweeping generalisation but that's really how I feel supporting Kimi here. For instance look how many posts this Raikkonen thread has, compare it to the other drivers threads and you should get the idea. I don't mind and I think Kimi certainly does not, but I will carry on thinking that he's one the most exciting personality F1 has had in recent times and I don't seem to be alone with the opinion provided by the poll.

Back
Top Bottom