Just another currupt sport

Mikeymike

Browser
I didn't care who won the championship as long as it was fair and that was anything but fair.they need to check the bank balances of the stewards, obviously the FIA bent its own rules to suit Red Bull. I have watched F1 for 60 years I'll never watch another one that was the most blatantly fixed race I have ever seen.

Mikey, I totally agree I didn’t care who won the race but wanted it to be won by the drivers. All year long the FIA have been a disgrace and have taken away any enjoyment I have in the sport. I think Max & Lewis are awesome drivers I also will not be watching F1 in the future.

I didn't care who won the championship as long as it was fair and that was anything but fair.they need to check the bank balances of the stewards, obviously the FIA bent its own rules to suit Red Bull. I have watched F1 for 60 years I'll never watch another one that was the most blatantly fixed race I have ever seen.
Ever since the yanks got there hands on f1 It has gone downhill now we know how valuable Charlie Whiting was Michael m Not in the same league F1 was my passion and the love slowly but surely they’re killing it

Sadly it pre-dates Liberty media's purchase of F1. The rot started in 1997 when the FIA handed F1's commercial future over to dear old Bernie.

The first Concorde agreement that followed was the start of the "special payments" and all the other crap.

Before then, winning two titles in a row was extremely rare. After that, Hakkinen won 2, Schumacher won 5, Alonso 2, Vettel 4 and Hamilton 7.

Sadly it pre-dates Liberty media's purchase of F1. The rot started in 1997 when the FIA handed F1's commercial future over to dear old Bernie.
The rot set in well before that. 1994 was the first year I can think of that "the show" was prioritised in decision making.

Schumacher was disqualified from 4 races for actions which had never previously been penalised:
  • Silverstone - Overtaking on the parade lap; never previously penalised, but suddenly, this was the spark that led to his disqualification
  • Spa, - disqualified for an over-worn skid block (We will never know whether this was caused by his spin)
  • Monza and Estoril - Two race ban for ignoring the black flag at Silverstone (Previously Mansell had had a 1 race ban for ignoring the Black Flag in Estoril, '89, and in part that was for taking Senna out of the race).
All of this was to bring the championship alive (in reality).

Even the banning of the driver aids, and the introduction of refuelling was about "making the show better".

Don't forget Benetton illegally modified their fuel filler which caused the Verstappen fire and also had illegal launch control software discovered in their ECU program.

They weren't all sunshine and lollipops that season.

Also, there was a crack down on shenanigans in the wake of Senna's death.

I agree though, the changes brought in regarding driver aids was all about the show.

The first Concorde agreement that followed was the start of the "special payments" and all the other crap.

Before then, winning two titles in a row was extremely rare. After that, Hakkinen won 2, Schumacher won 5, Alonso 2, Vettel 4 and Hamilton 7.
But Bernie did not care who won the races he left soon as the race started he was on his way to the next circuit he never ever got involved with FIIs and stewarding I honestly believe unless he’s more but used to be 16 races when I first started watching this F1

True enough. But it was Bernie's dash for the cash that brought about all of the "good for the show" rule changes. He and Max were peas in a pod for a long time.

Welcome to the site by the way :goodday:

It goes to show the true character of Max and Christian, that they should celebrate such an obvious breaking of the rules. It makes you start to wonder about passed races like Malaysia 2016 and how a brand new engine can expire with victory in sight. I have watched F1 for almost 50 years, but this has exposed the sport to be corrupt and purely run to extort our hard earned. When the referee can change the rules mid race it ceases to be a sport. Obviously those that run this "sport" do not have a shred of decency about them. The FIA will cover its tracks and come next year will think that this has all been forgotten. I for one will NOT be following F1 anymore as in my mind it is no longer believable. I'm sure that they thought they were acting in the best interests of the sport, but is bringing the sport into disrepute in anybodies interest. I hope that F1 fans around the world boycott this corrupt business.

The problem is that this season has seen so many problematic decisions
  • Bahrain - Hamilton had been driving off circuit for most of the race, gaining on Verstappen. The first time any penalties were discussed was when Verstappen overtook Hamilton on the same piece of circuit
  • Imola - Verstappen’s overtake was, at best, robust against Hamilton. I don’t think we can say any mistakes were made about allowing the race to be stopped, but Hamilton was mighty lucky
  • Baku - Masi took far too long to stop the race after both Stroll and Verstappen’s crash
  • Silverstone - Hamilton’s penalty was very light, in retrospect.
  • Hungary - Little penalty for Bottas for taking Verstappen out of the race
  • Belgium - Ridiculous ”race” - should have delayed for 24 hours, or alternatively, tried to run the race 2 hours earlier.
  • Monza - whilst Verstappen was deemed primarily to blame, Hamilton was also partially blamed (for forcing Verstappen off the circuit). Penalty for Verstappen, nothing for Hamilton
  • Sao Paolo - no penalty for Verstappen for his overly robust defending (forcing Hamilton off the track)
  • Jeddah - Effectively, two Penalties for Verstappen for overtaking off the circuit (first being pushed back to 3rd at 3rd start, then for his overly robust defending - although strictly speaking for not handing back the place. Safety car, followed by red flag (when it was obvious a red flag would be necessary).
  • Abu Dhabi - No penalty for keeping a place by driving over the chicane for Hamilton. Then the safety car.

Back
Top Bottom