iPlayer F1

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Don't really know where to post this query but:

Does anyone know how long it takes your average F1 race to get onto iPlayer?

One thing I didn't realise until I looked at the iPlayer the other day is that there is a "download" button. Anyone know if you can then keep the download forever or if they delete themselves after a while? Could be useful for our overtaking stats people and video compilers.

It's not always available either, the Moto GP coverage kept skipping back to the beginning yesterday and I looked for ages for the blasted download link. Probably some distribution rights doodad.

^ The BBC were having quite a few technical problems with 'skipping' yesterday - it happened on the golf at St. Andrews' as well. What happened, I'm guessing, is that the iPlayer version is simply a direct upload of the content broadcast onto BBC stations, so any 'skips' or 'restarts' like that will be kept in there.

Brogan said:
The download is only valid for as long as the content is on the BBC site - it expires.

Actually I think the online stream is available for 7 days, and the downloadable version is available for longer - around a month. But of course, you have to download it within the 7 days ;)

And besides I'm sure if you really wanted to you could "keep" the download.. :whistle:

FB said:
One thing I didn't realise until I looked at the iPlayer the other day is that there is a "download" button. Anyone know if you can then keep the download forever or if they delete themselves after a while? Could be useful for our overtaking stats people and video compilers.

Stuff on iplayer is available for 7 days from the time of release. If you download it, you get 30 days to watch it from the date of download, but once you start playing it you are again limited to 7 days.

As for the amount of time stuff takes to get on there...

The race is generally pretty quick, as is the qualifying. Practise sessions tend to take a lot longer to be put up. Generally FP1 isn't available until a good few hours after FP2, and then FP2 a good deal later, and FP3 tends to get put up sometime after qualifying

Back
Top Bottom