iOS 5

My phone is currently updating, bit worried I would lose access to works e-mail but it's survived :D

I'm not into Apple at all, but can someone explain why you need the latest iTunes to be able to upgrade to the latest iOS?

Why should a bloated media player be a pre-requisite for an operating system?

I'm not into Apple at all, but can someone explain why you need the latest iTunes to be able to upgrade to the latest iOS?

Because the new iPhone OS now allows wireless syncing. It's for backup of your apps etc.

One great tip is to hook up the iPhone to GMail using MicrosoftExchange. This allows you to use googles contacts, calendars and email as default. It means that everything on your phone is available offline and makes it easier to subscribe to calendars and retrieve contacts when you don't hae your phone available.

I do agree that iTunes sucks though. I use Spotify for all my music.

Basically, everything is on the cloud.

I updated it for my iPod Touch, I don't know if it makes much of a difference to it, the Game Center is much better than last time, last time I made an account for it, it was just really bad I didn't log on ever again, now it's great.

I have not noticed any other differences apart from it looks more cleaner and more brighter.

Any useful upgrades?

iMessage is a helpful add-on, but as I have free texts it doesn't really affect me that much. About time that a notifications tab was put in though :)

One great tip is to hook up the iPhone to GMail using MicrosoftExchange. This allows you to use googles contacts, calendars and email as default. It means that everything on your phone is available offline and makes it easier to subscribe to calendars and retrieve contacts when you don't hae your phone available.

Or you could get an android and just enter your gmail address and it's all done ;)

In addition to the other answers, iTunes is actually their 'Store'. I needed to use iTunes to buy a Mac application, their version of MS Word called 'Pages'..

The Andriod I heard is better in most areas, but I find it quite messy, I have neither. I have a Nokia N8 :D

I find my iPod Touch slightly slower with this upgrade (might have to do with only having 1.1GB - 0.6 GB left), I also find the notifications thing really annoying which just drops down for no reason!

Back
Top Bottom