Poll How many will Vettel win?

How many World Championships will Vettel win?

• Total voters
Difficult to say.
It all depends on being in the right car at the right time.

If he stays with Red Bull for the next five years and they produce a car which is 2nd or 3rd best, then he's unlikely to win any more championships during that time.

I'm with Brogan. There's too many variables to consider.

First of all, and most importantly, there's his cars. Will they be as fast as the RB7?
Secondly, there is Alonso and Hamilton. Don't start ruling them out!
Thirdly, there is the proto-Vettels coming through the youth ranks, presumably!

And hopefully not coming into play, there is also a possibility of Kubicaisation.

So no vote from me!

I've voted for 2 solely based on the assumption that the RBn is not the quickest car by a mIle.

I think Vettel will win another one, but only one more because I think that Ferrari, Mclaren and Mercedes will become more competitive in relation to the Red Bulls. Also, it will depend on the 2014 engine regs.

I think he'll win at least 4, but only one more with Red Bull. As Brogan said it's all about being in the right car at the right time, so whilst Vettel does seem loyal to Red Bull, his love of breaking records will inevitably lead to him leaving for a better opportunity when Red Bull are no longer the fastest car. Being a double world champion already most teams will want him and at such a young age he's got plenty of more chances to win world titles

I've gone for 4, think he's got time on his hands but with Hamilton, Button and Alonso still around at the moment all of them will be looking to make it hard for him. I think 4 tbh is a realistic target for him and only if Red Bull can do what Ferrari did 10 years ago and dominate for a few years then i can't see him matching or beating Schumi's record with so many good drivers to compete against.

I just don't rate him highly. He should have dominated 2010 but kept messing up, and in both season's he has had little bits of luck throughout with well timed safety cars and such. Unlike Alonso and Hamilton I don't think he could win in the second fastest car. Also Adrian Newey has never designed four good cars in a row, and Sebastian is contracted until the end of 2014. Ferrari seem to be plotting a Schumacher-esque period of dominace, they gave up on this year very early.

I just don't rate him highly. He should have dominated 2010 but kept messing up, and in both season's he has had little bits of luck throughout with well timed safety cars and such. Unlike Alonso and Hamilton I don't think he could win in the second fastest car. Also Adrian Newey has never designed four good cars in a row, and Sebastian is contracted until the end of 2014. Ferrari seem to be plotting a Schumacher-esque period of dominace, they gave up on this year very early.

Hmm... I find it difficult to conclude that Vettel kept "messing up" in 2010....
In Bahrain, his exhaust was broken
Australia, he had brake failure
China was a bit of a lottery with the weather
He had a broken chassis in Spain and Monaco.
In Canada, the McLarens were better...
GB, he was hit by his team-mate
In Germany, the Ferraris were faster
In Hungary, he made a mistake behind the safety car, but this is just about the only time anyone has been punished for this offence!
Belgium could be seen as a mistake - but in reality, this was the one race where he made true mistakes on the track!
In Italy and Singapore, other cars were just faster!
Then, he won 3 out of the last 4 races, and retired from the lead in Korea!

Personally, I'd say that Vettel made fewer mistakes in his first championship year than Hamilton did in 2008!

- Bahrain, Canada, France, Italy, Japan and Brazil would all count as mistakes.... Does that mean that you shouldn't rate Hamilton as that good as well?

- Bahrain, Canada, France, Italy, Japan and Brazil would all count as mistakes.... Does that mean that you shouldn't rate Hamilton as that good as well?

Some may say he made a mistake in Monaco also - hitting the wall - but he did brilliantly to recover from it. Some will say that his mistake played perfectly into his hands strategically - but a great drive nonetheless.

At that race it was the fastest car. A car doesn't have to be the fastest car in every race to be the fastest car in a race.
No, at that race he had the fastest car/driver/set-up combination. Just as at any race that any driver wins they have the fastest car/driver/set-up combination!!!

It really irritates me that people are willing to give Alonso and Hamitlon credit for something, but when Vettel achieves exactly the same thing, that for some reason, that doesn't count! At the Italian GP 2008, Vettel transcended the conditions and performed much better than his car should have been capable of - the same thing occurred at Brazil 2008 as well!

Wouldn't like to guess - I don't think he is 'the complete deal' at the moment and it will depend entirely on the car he is driving. If he stays with RBR and they produce the winning car every year - he could beat Schumacher. I would like to think not, it makes for extremely boring racing for the fans.

I don't believe that he will break Schumacher's record, because of the caliber of drivers that he has to face.

Possibility of 4 WDC's seem to be very realistic.

I don't believe that he will break Schumacher's record, because of the caliber of drivers that he has to face.

Possibility of 4 WDC's seem to be very realistic.

Funnily enough, it's the calibre of his rivals that makes me think he's got a chance of breaking the record...

Completely impossible to make any sort of assessment of how many he will end up with, of course.

TBH - If Red Bull doesn't produce him the car he wants he'll quickly jump ship to a team that will do. Any big team a la Mclaren, Ferrari or Mercedes get wind he wants out of Red Bull then they'd all pounce to get him sign up at their teams.

Back
Top Bottom