How many Grands Prix is Jenson going to win in 2009?

How many Grands Prix is Jenson going to win in 2009?

• Total voters

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
So exactly how many races is Jenson going to win this year and is he in the running to break the record for most wins in a season?
Winning 6 out of the first 7 races gives him an 85% success rate and 100% when it comes to podiums.

I've put a poll on the home page but it would be interesting to hear opinions on whether he's going to carry on winning or will Rubens raise his game and put more pressure on?

Or will Red Bull be able to bridge the gap and start winning in the 2nd half of the season?

What are the records for most wins in a season and number of wins in the first x races?

Thanks Boga.

So it is mathematically possible to beat both most wins and highest percentage but unlikely I think.

I certainly hope not anyway otherwise it's going to be a very boring season...

I don't think this form from Button is going to continue all season as I believe that Red Bull are slowly edging up on Brawn. It is also possible that the Scuderia could pose a tangible threat.

I think it unlikely that Vettel or Webber will not win a race in the rest of the season, and I think Barrichello is likely to have one last farewell too.

I don't think he'll lose the WDC, and I think there'll be more race wins on the way, but I don't think that Button is going to continue to dominate as much as he has done so far.

I agree that it seems that Red Bull are getting closer to Brawn and in the wet they are ahead. But how many wet races are there going to be in this season? Silverstone, Spa, Suzuka and Interlagos are the likeliest candidates for some wet conditions but it may not happen. And even if they do get ahead of (Jenson's) Brawn they will be concerned about reliability - Seb may use up his allocation of engines before we even get to Abu Dhabi!

I thought the days of one driver dominating was over when Schumacher retired. I doubted we'd see a season as dominant by one driver as the likes of 2002 and 2004. Yet here we are and it's with the driver we least suspected.... Jenson Button. As Murray Walker says "Anything can happen in Formula One and it usually does!" Button is driving like a God.

McFerrari said:
I thought the days of one driver dominating was over when Schumacher retired. I doubted we'd see a season as dominant by one driver as the likes of 2002 and 2004. Yet here we are and it's with the driver we least suspected.... Jenson Button. As Murray Walker says "Anything can happen in Formula One and it usually does!" Button is driving like a God.

I have to disagree with you there McFerrari, the vast majority of Divine Beings would have won the Chinese GP as well, by stopping the rain at an inconvenient moment for the twin Red Bulls of Vettel and Webber and hence giving Brawn back the dry advantage. It is also unlikey any God would have allowed the abandonment of the Malaysian GP as well, giving Himself a full point victory!

Research your facts before posting, mate!

Back
Top Bottom