Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Started slow - almost predictably so - then got a bit more exciting towards the middle before going crazy towards the end. Watching Hamilton chase Gasly down and almost catching him at the line was very exciting.

thanks, it was quite evenful but all is going well now, baby is doing great

Good to know all is well, we have missed you more than you've missed us I'll wager ;) I hope you're not too bleary eyed.

Our old friend Dev has moved to Melbourne, he's getting his young son closer to the action, even if his wife is determined he won't be an F1 driver. :snigger:

Last edited:
we have missed you more than you've missed us I'll wager ;) I hope you're not too bleary eyed.

I have checked the forum on a few occasions while baby was in hospital, pity F1 wasn't very interesting recently so I didn't have much to say, the only thing that spiced things up is Vettel v Leclerc and even on that matter I had expected a bit more. I tried to watch the race from Austin but halfway through I gave up, I only watched Brasil to end end because I was preparing dinner and baby was sleeping otherwise I would have surrendered once again to boredom. Luckily the last 20 laps were interesting.

Seriosuly what are we going to talk about this winter? Vettel v Leclerc doesn't sound like Prost v Senna but I can't think of much else, my hopes are that 2021 will be more interesting

he looks very active for his age, I hope that will mean that he's going to be independent pretty soon ;)

and since he looks very sharp and is not too big it looks as if he could turn out like a good racing driver!!!! LOL

Well active and independent is good....but a lot more work. ;)

Well, that was my plan if my son turned out not to be too big. But.......

Well, that was my plan if my son turned out not to be too big. But.......

there's plenty of tall racing drivers these days

the problem seems to be that kids aren't very interested in F1

I'm fine if he won't be interested in car racing, as long as he doesn't want to become a footballer (or oa motorbike rider, I love watching bikes race but I think that it's very very dangerous)

Last edited:
the problem seems to be that kids aren't very interested in F1

Well, I did take him to a couple of go cart tracks, a couple club races, was able to walk the pits, some of the owners let him sit in the cars....but he had no strong interest. He is kind of team sports guy (baseball, hockey, basketball). Race car driving isn't really a team sport.

I wonder if the issue is same as over here that in 65 contracts for broadcasting around the world, only 12 of them are for free to air tv

I think this is a major long-term problem. On the other hand, Indy Car racing has always been free to air in the U.S. and it has been in steady (and sometimes not so steady) decline since the early 1970s. F1 has been free to air (and actually available) since the early 1980s...and F1 has not taken off here.

Fundamentally, the car culture disappeared with the gas crises of 1973 and 1975, and the 55 MPH speed limits, and it has not returned. It will not return. When I was in high school, my brother and his friends were always out working on their cars. Now my son is in high school....and no one works on their cars.

When I was in high school, my brother and his friends were always out working on their cars. Now my son is in high school....and no one works on their cars.

I know people who have worked all their lives in motorsport who have sons in the late teens/early 20s who don't even want to apply for a driving licence... a chap that I know offered to buy his 18 years old son a mazda mx5 and his son opted for a peugeot minivan instead :facepalm:

I know people who have worked all their lives in motorsport who have sons in the late teens/early 20s who don't even want to apply for a driving licence... a chap that I know offered to buy his 18 years old son a mazda mx5 and his son opted for a peugeot minivan instead :facepalm:

Well, my son does drive a older modified Saab 9-2X, which is a Subaru WRX with better acoustic insulation....but he still has no real interest in racing.

Back
Top Bottom