Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i had to give 7 as it wasnt 8 as id given Austria Britain & Hungary 8 but if there was half points it would be 7.5, as epic final 20 laps. even in the 1st 50 we had some fantastic overtakes from Hamilton & Verstappen. sometimes hamilton on verstappen & verstappen on hamilton

A 7.

Interesting start. Wandered off in the middle, went nuts at the end.

Felt the stewards were a bit trigger happy with both the penalties and the safety cars but that's modern F1 for you.

Delighted for Gasly and Sainz.

An 8. It was actually interesting strategically and would have a been a good race without the safety car. The safety car kind of really churned things up. Race showed how good Verstappen can be, how good Hamilton is (especially how he was not running for points), how mediocre Bottas remains, how not quite ready for prime time is Albon, that Gasly isn't a total plunker, that Vettel still behaves like Vettel, and so forth. Interesting and rather dramatic race.

I gave it an 8, until the last few laps I'd have maybe given it a 4 or 5 but my word what happened there? Sheesh. My daughter has very little interest in F1 but she was looking up at the highlights towards the end and we were both cheering for Gasly to hold on for that awesome podium finish. I felt bad for Albon, he was doing so well, I also felt bad for Sainz that he didn't get to enjoy his chance the podium even though he took 3rd place after Hamilton's penalty.

As for Ferrari, words fail me :facepalm::rolleyes: I may be a Vettel fan but that was Seb's fault in my view, oh Seb.........

Agreed. I don't think the safety car was needed. Also don't think some of these penalties were required either.

for once I think that they had a point with the SC, some of the debris looked way too big for the silly cars that they have these days

I agree with you regarding the penalties, IMHO Hamilton's penalty was totally unjustified, Albon left a gap and Hamilton made his move, that's what I ask of those 20 guys every other Sunday when I tune in for the race

The bottom line for me is that whenever they race at a proper old style racing track the racing is exciting, today there would have been excitement even without the ghastly DRS

Overall I'd give the race a 7 and a half

Race showed how good Verstappen can be, how good Hamilton is (especially how he was not running for points), how mediocre Bottas remains, how not quite ready for prime time is Albon, that Gasly isn't a total plunker, that Vettel still behaves like Vettel, and so forth. Interesting and rather dramatic race.

I agree with most of what you said, I also would like to add that Sainz had an amazing race (as is often the case) and that I couldn't quite believe when I saw that Hamilton couldn't quite get alongside Gasly's Toro Rosso despite a mega slipstream, what have they done to that Honda engine? Talking of Gasly I think that Dr. Marko should reconsider his approach to their drivers, they had nearly destryed Gasly but he recovered uite well once he left the pressure cooker that must be RBR. Considering that in the past they wasted some considerable talent (Buemi, Bourdais, etc) I think that they should make an effort to learn from their mistakes. IMHO out of the 4 drivers under contract for Red Bull Albon is the least promising, when you compare him with Verstappen he hasn't really achieved much, luckily for him his car is probably the best during this stage of the season

IMHO Hamilton's penalty was totally unjustified, Albon left a gap and Hamilton made his move

I disagree, albon was taking the late apex & the same line as Verstappen had above, yes the door looks open but it always going to close & it was over ambitious. i believe if vettel verstappen or kyvat had made the same move people would thinking different & if your going to punish riccardio for what was a racing incident when he was squeezed by KMag. hamilton has to be punished otherwise we are talking about inconsistency from stewards

Last edited:
I’ve given a six, it was good in parts, and fairly uninspired in others. I think the last safety car a few laps before the end was a huge shame.

I gave that a 9, my highest score ever I think. Considered giving it a 10 - for me at least it really had it all. Red Bull's three pit stops in 6 seconds for Verstappen was astonishing, allowing him to get back at Hammy or stay ahead. Awesome team-work and driving to regain the lead. Hamilton couldn't have done much more. Ferrari implosions don't get much better than that - just spectacular.

for once I think that they had a point with the SC, some of the debris looked way too big for the silly cars that they have these day

I believe the debris resulted in the second safety car, which may have been needed. The first safety car (for Bottas) is the one a seriously question. Not sure we would have had the second safety car if the first one season as not called for.

I agree with you regarding the penalties, IMHO Hamilton's penalty was totally unjustified, Albon left a gap and Hamilton made his move, that's what I ask of those 20 guys every other Sunday when I tune in for the race

I actuallly didn’t think it should really be a penalty either, but Hamilton took the blame and apologized for it immmediately after stepping out of his car. So he apparently felt it was wrong based upon his understanding of the rules. If you look at an overhead shot of the two cars, he briefly pulled even with Alvin as the braked for the corner.

The bottom line for me is that whenever they race at a proper old style racing track the racing is exciting, today there would have been excitement even without the ghastly DRS

It helps that one team is not completely dominating for the moment.

Anyhow, welcome back. Missed you but understand you were a little preoccupied.

Last edited:
I agree with most of what you said, I also would like to add that Sainz had an amazing race (as is often the case) and that I couldn't quite believe when I saw that Hamilton couldn't quite get alongside Gasly's Toro Rosso despite a mega slipstream, what have they done to that Honda engine? Talking of Gasly I think that Dr. Marko should reconsider his approach to their drivers, they had nearly destryed Gasly but he recovered uite well once he left the pressure cooker that must be RBR. Considering that in the past they wasted some considerable talent (Buemi, Bourdais, etc) I think that they should make an effort to learn from their mistakes. IMHO out of the 4 drivers under contract for Red Bull Albon is the least promising, when you compare him with Verstappen he hasn't really achieved much, luckily for him his car is probably the best during this stage of the season

Well, I have been highly critical of Marko for years. He did a Kvyat to Gasly. I like Albon, but I also suspect he is the weakest of the four Red Bull drivers.

As for Sainz, I still have my doubts. This was a driver who was shown up by Hulkenberg and Hulkenberg was shown up by Perez and Ricciardo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom