Highest Paid F1 Drivers - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
From "The Real Cost Of F1" in the March 2008 issue of F1 Racing, the magazine listed estimated annual salaries of the 10 highest-paid drivers for the 2007 season.

- No. 1: Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, $51 million U.S.
- No. 2: Ralf Schumacher, Toyota, $25 million.
- No. 3: Fernando Alonso, reigning world champion, McLaren, $22 million.
- No. 4: Jenson Button, Honda, $18 million.
- No. 5: Rubens Barrichello, Honda, $12 million.
- No. 6: Jarno Trulli, Toyota, $10 million.
- No. 7: Felipe Massa, Ferrari, $8 million.
- No. 8: Giancarlo Fisichella, Renault, $7 million.
- No. 9: Mark Webber, Red Bull, $5 million.
- No. 10. Takuma Sato, Super Aguri, $4.5 million.

(Hamilton - As a rookie, I believe he got less than $1.5 Million?)

Hamberg, Raikkonen was one of the most popular drivers in the world and he was in Mercedes commercials and his personal sponsor was Red Bull. The only thing he didn't like was all the PR work, the politics...and he wanted to go Rallying too...and McLaren didn't want to take that risk given what happened to Montoya when he (Montoya) hurt himself clowning around stupidly on motorbikes.

Hamberg, Raikkonen was one of the most popular drivers in the world and he was in Mercedes commercials and his personal sponsor was Red Bull. The only thing he didn't like was all the PR work, the politics...and he wanted to go Rallying too...and McLaren didn't want to take that risk given what happened to Montoya when he (Montoya) hurt himself clowning around stupidly on motorbikes.

So you've answered your own question as to why he's not there then?

From "The Real Cost Of F1" in the March 2008 issue of F1 Racing, the magazine listed estimated annual salaries of the 10 highest-paid drivers for the 2007 season.

- No. 1: Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, $51 million U.S.
- No. 2: Ralf Schumacher, Toyota, $25 million.
- No. 3: Fernando Alonso, reigning world champion, McLaren, $22 million.
- No. 4: Jenson Button, Honda, $18 million.
- No. 5: Rubens Barrichello, Honda, $12 million.
- No. 6: Jarno Trulli, Toyota, $10 million.
- No. 7: Felipe Massa, Ferrari, $8 million.
- No. 8: Giancarlo Fisichella, Renault, $7 million.
- No. 9: Mark Webber, Red Bull, $5 million.

Ralf Schumacher 2nd highest? ROFL

Takuma Sato 10th really puzzles me...Super Aguri was real small team obviously funded by Honda.

$51 million love to have his contract....:)

I think the fact is, Jean Todt wanted Raikkonen, Luca Di Montzemelo wanted Alonso, it's not a secret.

A high budget cannot always make you a good racing team, especially when you ditch money in that respect. No wonder he bolted to Toyota! Williams were never daft enough to offer him that!

I think they must have thought Ralf was Michael, I knew Ralf got paid a lot....but more than a double world champion, or even being 2nd in the list? :shocked:

(Hamilton - As a rookie, I believe he got less than $1.5 Million?)

Not sure where I remember this from but I seem to remember the £250,000 mark was floated about with regards to Hamilton's debut season because people were remarking how much each WCC point cost in his salary compared to Alonso's.

4 years ago - any relevance now? A couple of these guys don't even race anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom