Help wanted for site project

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
We've been working on a project for the last few weeks behind the scenes.

It has now got to the stage where we could do with some help with compiling data.
I don't want to say too much about it but if you have some time to spare, have access to Excel (or similar) and would like to get involved then please let me know.

The more people we can get involved with compiling the data, the better it will be and the quicker we can launch the project.

Thanks.

Bro,

I have time, but am not consistently available. I have excel and am not too shabby at using (as long as you don't need VB skills) on my non-internet PC.

Let me know if you think I can help

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

That's great, thanks a lot.

I'm only using Excel as it's easy to compile data in columns so no skills are needed other than to collect the data and paste it into a worksheet in the correct format.
We're still working on the fine details so as soon as we're ready to go, I'll send an email to everyone involved detailing what needs to be done.

So far there's Gav, me, GordonMurray and yourself so that should give us a good start.

I think sticking data into Excel wouldn't be too complicated for a computer biff like me so stick me down to help out mate.

:thumbsup: C_A_T

Nice one chap, I was hoping you'd volunteer as you seem to know your stuff :D

I just need to finalise some stuff with Gav and then I'll send an email to all concerned.

Excel buff and a born researcher (i.e. nosey) and don't mind being put in my place - so if I can, I will, as always.

Thanks slick :thumbsup:

The first stage is underway and as soon as I get on top of things I'll kick the second stage off and push some work your way :D

Nice one Speshal :)

We're already sorted for now so I'll single you out for punishment for the next lot - hopefully later this week :D

A quick update.

The project is well underway and hopefully we should be able to produce something soon.
It's still going to take many months to complete it but we've already accomplished a great deal.

I would like to express my thanks to the following members who have all put in a lot of time and effort:

cider_and_toast
frog-n-flymo
gav1ndav1d
GordonMurray
slickskid

Another update.

The project is ticking along nicely.
A huge amount of work has been done but there still remains quite a bit to be done.

If anyone is able to help, there are still some areas that need doing.
Nothing too difficult but it will be fairly laborious with a lot of copying, pasting and formatting.

Hopefully, early in the new year we should have something in place to begin testing with.

All being well it will be ready for the start of the 2009 season.

Not sure if many people still visit this forum but for those that do, here's an update.

It's been 3 months since we started on the project and we're about 75% there.

We hope to have a beta site running within the next few weeks which will enable some testing and feedback.
In the meantime the main work will continue which should enable us to put something in place by the start of the new season.

i dont mind helping out brogan but i am a huge technophobe :)

if you can explain it to me and its easy enough for a thicko like me to do, then i'll help out :) i have excel 2003 on my computer? not sure if its ancient?

Hi Buxted.

Thanks for the offer but we're pretty much sorted for now.
There is still a lot left to do but there are 4 of us working on it and it's easier to manage with a small group of people.

Once we "go live" though we may well need some more help.

Watch this space

Back
Top Bottom