Hello! My name is Tuukka Rask. Who am I? (NO GOOGLING!)

Chicago is looking good after beating Boston last night (after a triple OT no less). It seems they are on their way to take the Cup (based on the stats that dictate 77% of the teams that win game 1, also win the Cup).

Rask was nearly flawless. Terrible turnovers led to 2 goals and the game tying goal in the 3rd period deflected in off his defenseman's skate.

The Bruins had about a half dozen golden chances throughout the 3 OT's, and by the time the game winner banged in off two bodies, the result was a foregone conclusion in my mind.

It doesn't get much worse than blowing a 3-1 lead in the third only to lose in triple OT. Gonna be VERY tough to get up off the mat from this one.

Tuuk was on top of his game again last night, stonewalling the Blackhawks for another shutout. The Bruins seemed to have shrugged off that brutal Game 1 loss. Get tomorrow's game in Boston and they're in prime position to capture another cup.

I couldn't watch Game 3 unfortunately, but he has been easily the best goalie out there imo. This is a very exciting series so far though (but I still wish the Kings were in the Finals instead of the Hawks :()

It's all over. The Chicago Blackhawks have the Stanley Cup.

A truly remarkable finish to Game 6 brought the NHL season to a close on Monday. The Bruins led 2-1 with just over a minute to play and looked to be headed for a winner take all Game 7 in Chicago. 17 seconds later they were staring at the end of their year.

Boston outplayed and out-muscled the Hawks for a majority of the series, but had crucial letdowns at key points throughout. Squandering a two goal lead and losing Game 1 in Triple OT pretty much set the tone. It was always gonna be tough to rebound from that. But they did, and held a 2-1 Series lead before dropping another Overtime game. That proved too much, and Chicago won the next two to close out the B's in 6.

Back
Top Bottom