Happy Birthday To Us (and other milestones)

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
The site has passed it's first birthday and contrary to pessimistic expectations (mainly mine), is still going :D
We are approaching 200 members but some of those are spam accounts and many of them are basically redundant as the members haven't visited for months or ever posted.

I believe we have a good site here with some great content and features; the home page, the F1 database, the events calendar, gallery, chat and of course the forum with the ever expanding Statistics section.
We also have some excellent members who have made some very interesting, useful and thought-provoking posts.

Our target for the rest of this year is to try and get more members and increase the quantity (whilst maintaining the quality) of the forum posts.
We want to try and make this site the first port of call not only for F1 but also for other motorsports.

We will be adding more content and features over the coming months but getting new, active members is the priority.

Let's all do our part and see if we can grow at an even faster rate than we have already :)

Here's to another successful year :thumbsup:

Good point.

Although strictly speaking, we didn't actually move to a paid host until Monday July 21 2008 at 00:11 which is when we officially became Clip The Apex.

Prior to that of course we were on the free server and known as The Motorsport Portal

Maybe we can be like the Queen and have 2 birthdays :D

Brogan said:
Prior to that of course we were on the free server and known as The Motorsport Portal

Ahhhh the memories. Life was so much simpler back then. :D

For those of you who may be slightly confused about the 2 birthdays comment, please see this page: About Us

Essentially the site was first created on Wednesday June 4 2008 but didn't become known as Clip The Apex until Tuesday July 22 2008.

The site is officially 2 years old – Happy Birthday to us :D

:birthday: :yesss:

To commemorate the occasion, teabagyokel has created The Clip the Apex 2nd Birthday Quiz so get your thinking caps on.

You can read all about how the site came into being here.

At the time of writing we have 445 registered users, an increase of 279 from the 166 we had this time last year.

Thanks to everyone for helping to make it a success :thumbsup:

I would particularly like to thank all those who have donated their valuable time and skills to contribute to the site.

Please join me in the virtual bar for some virtual drinks and nibbles.

Virtual Cheers!

:cheers: :snacks: :popcorn:

Congratulation Brogan, and all those other that have been involved since the start!

Well done :D

I'd buy the site a beer, but I believe its t-totalled LOL

:birthday:

Happy Birthday to us
Happy Birthday to us
Happy Birthday dear Clip the Apex
Happy Birthday to us.

Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray.

For he's a jolly good website
And so say all of us......

Ok that's enough of that now.

Any one else fed up with all this virtual beer / cider and food.

Lets all get down to our nearest bars and blow the froth off of a couple of jars. :goodday:

Happy Birthday, Fellow Clippers!

cider_and_toast said:
Any one else fed up with all this virtual beer / cider and food.

Lets all get down to our nearest bars and blow the froth off of a couple of jars. :goodday:

:D Sounds like a fine idea! Cheers! :cheers:

"TBY said

Its like the Queen but more orange

Isn't that Dale Winton? :snigger:

Anyway,
hippo%2Bbirdie%2Btwo%2Bewe.jpg

If it wasn't for this website I would have to do constructive things with my day, like working LOL

FB said:
"TBY said

Its like the Queen but more orange

Isn't that Dale Winton? :snigger:

Anyway,
hippo%2Bbirdie%2Btwo%2Bewe.jpg

If it wasn't for this website I would have to do constructive things with my day, like working LOL

LOL

Happy birthday CTA and congrats to Bro and all the site contributors on a fantabulous job :birthday:

Back
Top Bottom