Hamilton to be managed by Simon Fuller

What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lewis-hamiltonaftershave.jpg

*Not a real product (yet)

Gethin, I've got no sound on my PC at the moment unfortunately, so I'll have to play it when I get home. In the meantime try this (hope it works, as without sound I'm unable to test it):

I have recently seen Jenson on a shampoo advert (involving terrible rhyming), and an F1 magazine sits next to me with lewis posing for a watch on the back cover. I find Lewis one of the worst culprits for advertising - its not like F1 drivers need the money. Santander and Mercedes (Vodafone I think but I'm not sure) are others he's cashed in on. Its enough to drive you mad. >:(

Pretty sure that Lewis's ads for Heuer are not making him any money directly, they are likely part of his McLaren contract. They all do that, but you have to feel sorry for Seb and Mark, with Red Bull having only bagged Casio as their watch sponsor!

Pretty sure that Lewis's ads for Heuer are not making him any money directly, they are likely part of his McLaren contract.
He may gain a small percentage but I tend to agree.

@tooncheese : It's McLarens way more than fault of the drivers. They are a very high profile team in terms of sponsorship airtime. I'm sure many other drivers have done adverts in their own country or the country associated with a team.

On a serious point, any one of these drivers could end up in a similar position to the unfortunate Kubica at any time, so it's as well for them to make the most of their fame and build a fortune while they have the chance. Would any of us be any different?

Perhaps they could be more discriminating in their choices, but Jenson's shampoo advert has caused much hilarity in my household. Michael Schumacher has done some terrible adverts in his time, too. So long may it continue!

Of course we wouldn't be any different.As for the ridiculous argument that they only have a short career at the top of F1 look at the gargantuan salaries they earn.
Even midfield drivers earn at least a couple of million a season.
Robert Kubica is already a multi millionaire and sad as it is that his career may cut short he will never suffer financial hardship for his entire life.

As for the ridiculous argument that they only have a short career at the top of F1 look at the gargantuan salaries they earn.
Even midfield drivers earn at least a couple of million a season.
Robert Kubica is already a multi millionaire and sad as it is that his career may cut short he will never suffer financial hardship for his entire life.

That's not really the point, is it? It's about maintaining the desired standard of living across a lifetime with expectations of sharply declining future income, which requires management. Obviously their incomes bear no comparison to the man in the street, but nor does their expenditure.

Some of them even pay tax!

Most F1 drivers limited companies in their own right.As are most top class sportstars.
Pay tax.Most of them live in Monte Carlo which has a very low tax or if you spend six months a year there you pay no tax at all.
Regarding maintaining their desired standard of living across their lifetime a fortune of $2 million dollars wisely invested will bring in a lifetimes income in excess of $200,000 per annum without risk.
Expenditure.Apart from personal managment salaries they have very little other direct expenses.
They have to buy their home and support their families just the same as anyone else.They have other forms of income that go on long after they have retired from racing.
All travel, accomodation , cars etc are supplied free of charge by their teams.
So to single them out as special cases is erroneus.

Christian Horner's been dropping hints about possibly signing Lewis at the end of his contract. I'd follow Lewis wherever he goes but really hope he stays for life at Mclaren so they can win together and lose together. Although saying this, they'll have to provide the car because every season till now he has outperformed the car. It is about time they had the best car on the grid so he can leave Alonso and Vettel in his dust.

Back
Top Bottom