Formula 2 GP2 2011

Morning - Day 2
Morning2.jpg

Not looking too bad for Rossi. I think Gutierrez will probably start next season as favourite.

Hope Craig Dolby gets a seat, he has been very impressive in Superleague the past few years.

A good opportunity for another young British driver to make a name for himself tomorrow - James Calado finished 8th in today's GP2 feature race in Abu Dhabi, putting him on pole for the reverse-grid Sprint race. Calado is making his GP2 debut this weekend having raced in GP3 this season.

Fabio Leimer won the race.

It was a wild finish to the GP2 season. Race 2 in Abu Dhabi concluded with a battle for 7-10th positions where each driver left the track at least twice. Maybe that's how you can spice up races on the expanses of Yas Island? Forget about track limits!

Oh and I meant to say Gutierrez looked pretty handy in that one - much better than I've seen him before. If he gets a decent season behind him next year I can see Sauber promoting him from test driver to race seat in 2013 - especially with all their Mexican sponsorship.

Quick question I'll post here for you GP2/F1 nuts.

Luca Filippi - finished second in the series with 3 wins and 2 other podiums after moving teams but not a single mention or link with him moving into F1 at all whilst all the others in the top 5 have been tested or trying to move up. Is there a reason for that?

He's been in GP2 for a million years. If he wasn't winning by now there'd be something seriously wrong with him.

Back
Top Bottom