Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dani Clos

• Jules Bianchi

• Other

• Total voters
I'm not a great lover of polls in this kind of context, but I'd have to consider Grosjean the favourite after seeing him come through the field from 13th to finish 4th in race 1, and his even more dominant race 2 performance where he won convincingly from 5th on the grid.
Definitley the class of the field this weekend.

At Silverstone, this was the first time I ever saw a GP2 race and I was enthralled by it. Grosjean certainly looks very impressive. Also, does anyone know what channel I can see GP2 on in the UK??

At Silverstone, this was the first time I ever saw a GP2 race and I was enthralled by it. Grosjean certainly looks very impressive. Also, does anyone know what channel I can see GP2 on in the UK??
It's on Eurosport (but apparently there may have been problems with a lack of coverage this weekend). If you have that channel, they usually show re-runs later in the week following the event as well.

Voted with my heart over my head and gone for Sammy Bird even though i reckon one off Van der Garde and Grosjean will win it. Just keeping hope that he'll do it.

Must say perferring the GP3 series this season over GP2. With Luke Williamson, Alexander Simms and Dale Smith doing pretty well at the moment in it. Alexander Simms is leading the championship now after the home race at Silverstone :).

Voted with my heart over my head and gone for Sammy Bird even though i reckon one off Van der Garde and Grosjean will win it. Just keeping hope that he'll do it.

Must say perferring the GP3 series this season over GP2. With Luke Williamson, Alexander Simms and Dale Smith doing pretty well at the moment in it. Alexander Simms is leading the championship now after the home race at Silverstone :).
I agree with you about Sam Bird; I really hope he can come through and win, but at the moment he doesn't seem to quite have that little bit extra needed to get his first win. Here's hoping.
And Grosjean, while he was dominant this weekend, has shown a tendency previously this season to be clumsy and cause crashes; witness the previous race at Valencia when he bashed into the rear of Bird on the first corner, leading to a grid penalty for the first race at Silverstone, then spun on the next corner, collecting two other cars who couldn't avoid him into the bargain.

Regarding GP3, I agree wholeheartedly and I refer you to this comment of mine which I originally posted in the F1 DOTW thread, then pasted and expanded in the GP3 section:
http://cliptheapex.com/threads/gp3-series-2011.2563/

In fairness to the drivers concerned, I should add that it's Lewis Williamson, Alexander Sims (one 'm') and Dean Smith. The other two Brits, James Calado and Adrian Quaife-Hobbs, are also doing pretty well.

I have to say Grosjean, based on results so far - though I would love to put Sam Bird as favourite, I agree with Chad. (he did win races last year though, so he's only looking for his first win this season).

I was very dischuffed to find bloody football (& women's football, at that (sorry ladies)) in place of my V+ GP2 this weekend - though I did get most of both GP3 races, which were indeed excellent.

I have to say Grosjean, based on results so far - though I would love to put Sam Bird as favourite, I agree with Chad. (he did win races last year though, so he's only looking for his first win this season).
Yes RoB, that's what I meant - this season. I'm ashamed to say I didn't follow GP2 as closely last year, and didn't even realise that Bird had competed in the series then, finishing 5th overall.
Still, after Silverstone Sam is only 6 points behind Van der Garde and 15 behind Grosjean, so there is still lots to play for with eight rounds still to go.

Indeed Chad - plenty to play for! Grosjean has a bit of a tendency to have a stunning drive followed by a crashfest - trouble is, Sam seems to have the same affliction (how many front wings did he get through in the sprint race at Valencia, for example?).

I've tried to follow GP2 closely since it began, but the infuriating tendency of TV broadcasters to prefer snooker, or tennis or bloody football over possibly the most exciting motor-racing series, tends to spanner my works somewhat. I can imagine that this is what it must have been like trying to follow F1 back in the 70s - at least we have the internet to keep up with the news!

Question - does the Abu Dhabi round count towards the championship? because thats a massive long wait for those guys!

Question - does the Abu Dhabi round count towards the championship? because thats a massive long wait for those guys!

No, the Abu Dhabi round is the start of the GP2 Asia Series, but i'm not sure whether GP2 Asia is gonna come back over the winter. It was pointless last winter as they were only willing to use the Bahrain GP track and the Abu Dhabi one.

If they do organise a Calendar it has to have more races one the calendar than it did this this one and should head to circuits in the east of Asia not just sticking with the Middle east.

Back
Top Bottom