Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No Boohooo

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Hello everyone. I am now VERY excited. Traveling from Edinburgh to Silverstone on Thursday morning.
I'm all packed and ready to go (yup already). Going down with 4 pals, for beer, bbq's, camping and LOTS of racing fun. Woohoo.

First visit for about 10 years. Whats changed ? Any hints n tips ?

Are you going ? Why not gloat and make people jealous by posting as well. ;)

Roll on Thursday.

I'm there for all the build-up, but not there Sunday unfortunately.

If you've not been there for 10 years you will not recognise the place! My hints - Becketts is the place to be:ok:

A friend of mine is going (he's reminded me several times :rolleyes:), didn't invite me though!

I've considered going for Fri/Sat but the ticket prices put me off - I'll stick with the TV.

Have a good one!

Sadly not. Last visit was for a Le Mans series race a couple of summers ago where the "whispering" R10's breezed past everything else, (several at a time) down the pit straight and generally stayed in front for the duration. Bit like F1 I suppose... . Have yet to attend an F1 race there. Maybe next year? :unsure::)

Hello everyone. I am now VERY excited. Traveling from Edinburgh to Silverstone on Thursday morning.
I'm all packed and ready to go (yup already). Going down with 4 pals, for beer, bbq's, camping and LOTS of racing fun. Woohoo.

First visit for about 10 years. Whats changed ? Any hints n tips ?
Are you going ? Why not gloat and make people jealous by posting as well. ;)
Roll on Thursday.
I'll be there Thursday too with my brother. Have you got grandstand tickets or general Admission? If the latter, you'll need to get up early on Sunday for a good viewing spot. Last year we saw people starting to queue as we left the track late on Saturday afternoon! Unfortunately for GA ticket holders the recent increase in the number of grandstands (particularly at Vale / Club and along the new main straight up to Abbey) has somewhat squeezed the amount of viewing areas on the banking. There should still be plenty of good spots though.

If you're at Woodlands camp site, there's now a bar and a stage with live bands on the Friday and Saturday evenings; last year EJ turned up as a guest drummer. And for this year they've promised a new club house with permanent toilets & showers.

As far as the track is concerned, the main obvious change is the new Silverstone Wing pits complex and the new start line position.
We'll be at Vale, so will hopefully get a good view of the cars all the way from the end of Hangar straight into Stowe corner, to the new end of the lap at Club corner, and we'll also be almost opposite the pit lane entry. Depending on the position of the start line, we may just get a glimpse of the tail end of the grid too.

Hi Chad. We are in the Stowe Grandstands for the Sunday. No roof, so hope it stays sunny LOL, waterproofs packed just in case. The silverstone website had pictures up of the new shower block being built a few months ago in the woodlands camp site which is where we are. Last time I was there the campsite was owned by a farmer rather than Silverstone, it was filthy portacabin toilets and no showers all weekend. I won't even describe the toilets on the sunday night. This year should be like a five star hotel in comparison.

We will be making full use of the roaming ticket on Friday and Saturday. Interested to see how much of the new track areas you can see from Beckets Esses.

We were at Stowe last year; a very good place to watch from. I prefer the open grandstands myself; I think the noise can sometimes echo unpleasantly in a covered one, having tried Becketts one year. Plus you get a better view of the Red Arrows (weather permitting) in an open stand.

Last year the toilets at Woodlands were not bad, even for portaloos (with some portacabin type loos and showers as well). They were emptied and cleaned pretty regularly. This year they should be even better. Also new for last year were more frequent water stand pipes and hardcore main roadways (nice if weather is really bad, a bit unnecessary otherwise). Wristbands and security patrols in hi-viz vests, too. And a small shop for basic provisions.

I've got Plat Becketts so hope everything people are saying about the view to include the new track areas is true! I'll be having another good wander around again this year due to all the new stuff. Can't wait, even if it does look like a rain soaked Friday!

Boo hoo for this weekend, it was a choice between Silverstone and Spa and in true British fashion, the Brit came second, in my opinion you can't beat Spa. But to all those going this weekend, have a good 'un :thumbsup:

I've just found out literally an hour ago that I'll be going!!! My first ever GP!!!
Any recommendations on where to sit???

Back
Top Bottom