Poll Future World Champions 2014

Who do think will win the WDC during their F1 career. Previous WDC holders excluded.

• Felipe Massa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Perez

• Jean-Eric Vergne

• Adrian Sutil

• Marcus Ericsson

• Esteban Gutierrez

• Kamui Kobayashi

• Robin Frijns

• Alexander Rossi

• Daniel Juncadella

• Giedo Van der Garde

• Felipe Nasr

• Susie Wolff

• Tio Ellinas

• Simona de Silvestro

• Charles Pic

• Nicolas Prost

• Marco Sorensen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Who do think will win the WDC during their F1 career.
Previous WDC holders excluded.

I have included all current drivers including some test drivers (no space for all of them or drivers from other series)

Rosberg will win it this year, Ricciardo in the near future, Bottas looks the real deal, and Hulkenberg ought to be in a decent team by now (teabagyokel is right though - unless there's a driver market shuffle of astonishing proportions, he might also Heidfeld his career away).

For "Other", I am impressed with Jolyon Palmer's consistency in GP2, and Marcello's aggressive overtaking.

I cannot believe that Maldonado and Sutil are on the list though...

I have not voted for Rosberg because it all depends on how he finishes this year as World Champion or 2nd best .

If he comes 2nd to Lewis again then the profound effect it might have on him could be interesting and whether Lewis is going to go up another level like was expected after 2008

Hulkenberg sooner or later this guy will get a competitive drive - he is too good not to get into a top car

Bottas - looks like Williams have found an ace with him and with Mercedes engines with an engineering team run by Pat Symonds - the team is definitely going to move forward

Ricciardo - I wonder what the hype was and he is certainly proving he is the real deal... the question mark is has he joined Red Bull as they are in a period of decline

Magnussen - need a bit more convincing as he squandered his grid position on Sunday

One I was tempted to vote for was Felipe Nasr he has some great races in GP2. I hope his talent will make its way into F1, but as for WDC material I think I will wait a little longer to judge that.

Regarding the voting so far REALLY shocked more people think Kvyat has a better chance at a WDC than Hulkenberg. JEV seems to have the upper hand over him in qualifying and race results. Ok he won the GP3 WDC but I can't say he has stood out for me in F1.

Last edited:
Nasr has that consistency aspect nailed right down to the ground, so I think an F1 team would be mad not to give him a chance as a â„–2, from where he might just surprise them...

Rosberg looks like the gods are on his side this year whilst Daniel R and V Bottas look to have immediate potential.

I don't really see any outstanding guys in F1 other than those above.

As far as others who are not yet in an F1 seat I just don't have a strong enough crystal ball...who amongst them can get into a winning seat if Hamilton, Rosberg, Daniel R, Seb, Bottas and Alonso are all hanging around for another 2-3 years...

There will be a battle for the second Ferrari and Williams seats (sorry Kimi you're fired and Massa ;unless you get some podiums ahead of Bottas your career is only going one way) but say if Hulk and Danni K get one each the chances for everyone else are very slim.

Its going to have to be a test driver who comes in and P***** all over the team regular to get noticed....so difficult to do with limited testing time...

Last edited:
It is quite interesting to note that the person on the above list who has come closest to the WDC hasn't received any votes at all. Has Massa missed his chance now?

It is quite interesting to note that the person on the above list who has come closest to the WDC hasn't received any votes at all. Has Massa missed his chance now?

Yes because that crash knocked him back plus Hockenheim 2010 . He stayed far too long at Ferrari. It does seem at Williams everything is falling to place for Bottas.

Massa brings some Brazilian sponsors but I feel his chances are gone unless Pat Symonds and the team build an absolute wonder car

Rosberg looks like the gods are on his side this year whilst Daniel R and V Bottas look to have immediate potential.
I don't really see any outstanding guys in F1 other than those above.

As far as others who are not yet in an F1 seat I just don't have a strong enough crystal ball...who amongst them can get into a winning seat if Hamilton, Rosberg, Daniel R, Seb, Bottas and Alonso are all hanging around for another 2-3 years...
There will be a battle for the second Ferrari and Williams seats (sorry Kimi you're fired and Massa ;unless you get some podiums ahead of Bottas your career is only going one way) but say if Hulk and Danni K get one each the chances for everyone else are very slim.

Massa is on a 3 year contract plus he brings in Brazilian sponsors at Williams and he certainly has not lost his speed or motivation to be dropped. Williams have been complimenting him as a team asset compared the moaning Maldanado

As for Kimi - I don't have much sympathy for his plight at Ferrari especially if his management team wrangled a big pay packet again

One more word about Hulkenberg - I wonder how he feels that Bottas is the Williams driver who has come through and is bearing fruition of a good car. Hulkenberg despite showing some form in his debut season had to give way to Maldanado because he did not have the money

He has seen Maldonado claim a race victory in a car which certainly should have got more podiums in 2012 and now Bottas has a car which is a podium regular which I have no doubt he would do just as good if not better job

Back
Top Bottom