• Hydrogen

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Synthetic fuels

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im fasinated in how diesel is going to work because i assumed wrongly that its was being phased out. but in the last month in looking at the petrol figures where i work. diesel is twice as popular than petrol. seems an awful lot to change in 8 years

Diesel is more popular because the government of the day spent ages convincing everyone through road tax breaks that diesel was the cleaner option.

Now everyone drives a diesel and while carbon emissions from petrol are down, sulphur and nitrous emissions from diesel are way up.

Now diesel cars are public enemy number one and round and round we go.

The real solution to the issue of transport is cheap, rapid, reliable and frequent public transport options. This unfortunately means massive investment and a government willing to run it as a service not as a profit making business. Of course there's more chance of me seeing a unicorn that can shit diamonds in my back garden than that ever happening.

They could, of course, use the same plan they have in London where the experience of driving is so shit you prefer to use public transport despite all the weirdos, degenerates and loonies you have to squeeze up next to. Actually, that might be what they are up to given my recent experiences on the UK's motorways.

They could, of course, use the same plan they have in London where the experience of driving is so shit you prefer to use public transport despite all the weirdos, degenerates and loonies you have to squeeze up next to. Actually, that might be what they are up to given my recent experiences on the UK's motorways.
i'll admit this is based on 2 drives through when i went to the emirates stadium & all i could think of was the roads were terrifying. my main memory was there was 4 lanes each way & a car trying to turn right & cross those 4 lanes

Ah, yes the classic "don't invest in something, make the alternative so shit / expensive that you have to take up the other option"

Back
Top Bottom