Football All things Football

We have an excellent record against Colin and he hates us so it should be fun.

That said, the way we are currently playing we would lose to our shadows.

Winners 18/19, runners up 19/20 to Salford City, yes really, Salford City. :facepalm: Although it wasn't played until 2021 and half the team had changed.

Here's a pointless fact, part of the reason Pompey struggled in the Premier League is that Fratton Park, in modern football terms, is tiny. The current capacity is 22,600. However, in 1949 they squeezed 51,385 people in to the old girl. I'm surprised it didn't burst!

how bad are arsenal, they remind me so much of mclaren honda in 2017. a big name that been declining & mismanaged for years & have now fallen so far. & why would you want to join them

f1 2017.jpg

Do you remember when they would moan like mad about Arsene and the club only ever aiming to finish top 4?

I bet they'd snap your hand off for that year on year now.

Always be careful what you wish for.

oh yes. i remember the glory days & they would rip your hand off for that now. understand now why wenger was so happy. but ive always thought it wasnt the manager & it almost being going on so long now over a decade. you feel like you cant blame the players.

but aside from the fact they needed a world class defender for about 10 yrs. there just feels like a culture at the club. as i said when we played arsenal in October 2019. that i was confident of victory because they are just soft & easily intimidated / bullied. it no coincidence that they lose to these team too often.

this was my tweet. when they went for arteta because they need someone to chuck the tea cups
Screenshot_20210814-151400_Twitter.jpg

We've finally won our first game since the 13th of March.

Cracking start to the season for Pompey. I have always believed its really important to get a good start as it sets the tone for the season. Once things settle down by Christmas its a lot harder to move up and down the table. Getting in the top six early means its easier to stay there in the long run.

If Bristol City hadn't made a great start last season we would almost certainly have been relegated at the end of it.

Good to see Burton beat Sunderland tonight and we're loving Ipswich having a crap start as our former CEO moved to them and a less nicer person you would be hard pressed to have at anyones club so I hope they fall apart all season.

Football, it's a funny old game.

i know Wednesday in 4th when they did they start being decent :D but i have liked the cowley brothers for while & thought your in good stead. but in league 1 its going to be a long year

hurrah for Bristol city i knew you pleased when i saw the score. as i know the feeling last season with Newcastle when you havent won for many months

for us we got to have patience apparently its going to take time unless jokanovic clicks like he did at Watford & Fulham

i knew I said patience but i didn't realise this much patience. we struggled all night with the high press. at set pieces were chaos. verrips had a shocker of a debut. turned into bomb scare if your coming to collect. you have to get it not flap at it

trying to keep the ball had been a struggle. as its like we are on fast forward

if you ever want 90 mins of what the last 18 months has been like supporting sheff United. that huddersfield goal was perfect illustration. thoroughly dominate a game play some great football

didnt score & conceded to side with their only chance of the half

our season couldnt have gone further or quicker down the pan. so we are 23rd we have played well for 1 & half games out of 4, scored once. & now we have manager on the verge of leaving because our board has lied to him. we are only a month in his tenure

so will be our manager on 2nd september is anyone guess

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom