Football All things Football

FB you've got to love the fact that in the Mercedes driver derby that Norris scored 2 & assisted the other

& it must be a King's Lynn trait to be very impressive in the 1st half. but struggled to maintain it after the break

Screenshot_20221126-140614_BBC Sport.jpg

Last edited:
very sad news about Pele was 1 of greatest players there's ever been when people talk about 🐐 or greatest of all time.its always Pele Maradona or Messi. but he was certainly the original & to some never been surpassed, winning world cup at 17 & then to win it 3rd time in 1970, in the greatest international side ever. its achievements we likely never see again

Last edited:
Not really a surprise, started the season well but it's gone massively downhill since then.

Not really a surprise, started the season well but it's gone massively downhill since then.
There are no easy divisions to win but Div 1 this year is a nightmare. 5 of the top 6 have played in the Premier league (quite a while ago for some admittedly) and all of the top 8 have played Championship level football. Pompey have got a massive task to pull themselves back into the mix this season.

yeah hadnt realised you were 12th, above is right league 1 feels like it gets tougher ever season with Ipswich, Derby, Bolton, Barnsley, Peterborough, Charlton, that lot & then the dark horses MK Dons Wycombe, Plymouth.

we had a shocker down there, but danny cowley seems to be joining a weird recent trend, of people that only good at 1 club. struggles everywhere else.
Wilder - Sheff Utd
Cowley - Lincoln
Jones - Luton
Howe - Bournemouth (til his Newcastle move)

You're probably not old enough to remember Mike Walker F1Brits_90. He took Norwich to third in the Premier League and then in to Europe, beating Bayern Munich (yes, the Bayern Munich, not their under 11's or womens team). He then go a "dream move" to Everton where he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

A true one club wonder. He did go back to Norwich once Everton had paid up his contract, and then got sacked.

I remember that Norwich team well. One of their defenders, Rob Newman, was one of the kids who replaced on of the infamous "Ashton Gate 8" and helped save our club.

You're probably not old enough to remember Mike Walker F1Brits_90. He took Norwich to third in the Premier League and then in to Europe, beating Bayern Munich (yes, the Bayern Munich, not their under 11's or womens team). He then go a "dream move" to Everton where he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

A true one club wonder. He did go back to Norwich once Everton had paid up his contract, and then got sacked.
i know the name but very little of his career. as i remember that every ITV presenter in late 90s & 00's when i was watching the champions league said that stat every time a english side played bayern munich away in europe. as i dont think an english side beat bayern munich in knockout tie in germany & progressed until 2019

from what im reading it very similar, as like danny cowley it very dangerous to be named hottest managerial property as it normally deathknell for your career. i wish walker had stayed at norwich maybe blades wouldve stayed up in 1994, instead of relegated on the final day LOL

on the FA Cup as a whole im not fully klopp, but i think replays should be optional. obviously keep them if 1 side wants a replay. but both teams agree beforehand they'd rather finish on the day. like would be the case in the 12 same league matches (+ Ipswich v Rotherham & Bournemouth v Burnley) this weekend of that teams would rather lose than go to a replay. finish it on the day

I think it's really important that we maximise funding for the top handful of clubs and reduce irrelevant matches such as the FA Cup.

Scraping it entirely and replacing those fixture weekends with intra Premier league games to be held in various cities around the world would probably generate more revenue. Man City V Man Utd in Beijing, Tottenham v Arsenal in New York for example.

In place of the FA Cup final, the top two premier league clubs whose shares have risen the highest during the league season could meet in the "Crypto Currency Cup* to be held in Dubai to maximise global TV revenues.

The Winners would be guaranteed a 30 point league headstart so they could sit out irrelevant games with teams at the lower end of the league.

I think it's really important that we maximise funding for the top handful of clubs and reduce irrelevant matches such as the FA Cup.

Scraping it entirely and replacing those fixture weekends with intra Premier league games to be held in various cities around the world would probably generate more revenue. Man City V Man Utd in Beijing, Tottenham v Arsenal in New York for example.

In place of the FA Cup final, the top two premier league clubs whose shares have risen the highest during the league season could meet in the "Crypto Currency Cup* to be held in Dubai to maximise global TV revenues.

The Winners would be guaranteed a 30 point league headstart so they could sit out irrelevant games with teams at the lower end of the league.
i agree that im sick of Big teams only being tired when its suits them. & European super league was disgraceful as disappointing. & i like FB idea i think the French do that.

like blades earlier & bristol city tomorrow i get it for Chesterfield & oxford but we are already playing millwall, & you swansea twice this season. neither team are interested in playing a 4th game in a midweek replay that neither side wants.

Back
Top Bottom