Fighting talk from Bernie

fat jez

Race Winner
Valued Member
Mr E has come out with another stunner, guaranteed to put the team's backs up - he believes there is no room in F1 for FOTA. Strangely enough, isn't that effectively where FOM takes it's roots, teams looking after their own interests and nominating a key spokesman? Scared of the poachers finding a new gamekeeper, Bernie?

Source: Autosport

Yeah read this story, strange move form Bernie I think. It does not seem 'sensible' for him to deliberately go out of the way to put the teams backs up. The FOTA is now so ingrained into the world of F1 that rumblings, even from the man himself, are unlikely to change that position.

By the sounds of things, all of this discord is of course down to money matters again, namely the sponsorship rights. It seems funny that its only when money problems are involved, that Bernie feels like sticking his neck out and making a statement. Apart from his seasonal stupid ideas, i.e. his :1st: :2nd: :3rd: medals idea, or his shortcut idea.

fat_jez said:
Scared of the poachers finding a new gamekeeper, Bernie?

Does seem that way mate, I mean he goes as far as mentioning the attempted break away.

Go on the teams! They need some influence!

Once again, the Short One shows that he is all about money. What prompted this outburst was the advertising (showing the sponsors logo, etc) on the transporters. Apparently, Bernie doesn't get to pocket any of the money the teams get for displaying these logos; so he rants.

Considering that the sponsors pay most of the bills for running F1 teams, they are entitled to all of the exposure they can get, IMHO. And Bernie should keep his mouth shut, lest he chase off these sponsors. Of course, I don't think Shortie will be happy until he has figured out a way to charge everyone in F1 for the air they breathe!

siffert_fan said:
Once again, the Short One shows that he is all about money. What prompted this outburst was the advertising (showing the sponsors logo, etc) on the transporters. Apparently, Bernie doesn't get to pocket any of the money the teams get for displaying these logos; so he rants.

Considering that the sponsors pay most of the bills for running F1 teams, they are entitled to all of the exposure they can get, IMHO. And Bernie should keep his mouth shut, lest he chase off these sponsors. Of course, I don't think Shortie will be happy until he has figured out a way to charge everyone in F1 for the air they breathe!

Don't tempt the Troll, Siffert......he might do it. Then we'd all end up like Mel Brooks in Spaceballs............
spaceballsperriair.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Another idiotic statement from Mr Senile

There is one saving grace with Bernie.

He is 80.........he's only got a few years left hopefully ;)

the-emperor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom