Ferrari colours 2010

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Apparently last year's car but sporting the likely colour scheme the 2010 car will be running in.

Not one for the Ferrari purist me thinks, but then they have been painted Marlboro red for so many years who really cares?

1264003356_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

1264003356_0.jpg

As the saying goes "You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig"

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that modern F1 cars are pig ugly. I think it started with the high nose (except the Tyrell that started the whole thing which was actually cool) and it all went down hill from there.

Ban high noses on eyesore grounds I say !!!

Thanks, Muddytalker for the picture of the 312B, one of the prettier F1 cars ever. Todays cars are indeed just plain ugly. The high nose and HUGE front wings being the main culprits. I really miss the beauty of the Lotus 72, the AAR Eagle and McLaren M7- all truly gorgeous cars.

And - silly me- I didn't know it was Marlboro red. I always thougt it was Italian Racing Red. LOL

I believe I'm right is saying the very early Ferrari's were a deep purple colour and the red came later. My problem is the colour has got brighter and brighter compared to the "blood red" cars of the 60's and 70's.

If you follow this link you can see how much darker the cars of the late 80's, early '90's were compared to the Schumacher era. I can only put this down to Marlboro being the main sponsor. I'm sure Ferrari would argue it was part of a "corporate rebranding strategy", encouraged by several 100 million Phillip Morris dollars...

Back
Top Bottom