Farce-India Gate?

its ridiculous

I am not sure how Force India can really upset Mercedes because Sutil may be German but he has not had any real association with them to get them angry if he was sacked or not taken on

Di Resta was the one who Mercedes were looking to develop and drive for them but that has changed somewhat with Hamilton in the main team and Norbert his staunchest supporter no longer around the paddock

Di Resta even admitted that Force India don;t actually get that much support from Mercedes apart from paying for the engines

- they probably got more help from Mclaren in previous years

------------------------------------

Clearly who ever has a bigger pot of money to bring to the table will get the drive unless they are a tortoise

--------------

http://www.espn.co.uk/forceindia/motorsport/story/101486.html

Sutil saying work permits won't be an issue again. I find it hard to believe as his suspended prison sentence isn't even over yet and any conviction has a 5 years before it is considered spent anyway. It would certainly hinder a normal person working around the world but I guess F1 drivers aren't normal people.

I would still be stunned if China bent the rules for him though as they are not the most relenting of countries. I wonder if Sutil gets the seat whether he'll pick up a mystery injury a week before the Chinese GP.

any chance then Force India won;t announce the 2nd driver until the plane takes off for Melbourne or was there a set date for the 2nd driver entry to be submitted to the FIA

they might as well give them both a run in Melbourne practice and then decide who is going to the 3rd which then will mean they 're going to qualify for the race

that VJ a shady character I must say

So their partly owned by one guy who's just had all his planes took off him and the other part is owned by a company who have just had their bank accounts frozen. Not sounding healthy is it?

This could be why HRT haven't been snapped up. Why go for a minnow when there's a potential fat fish to be hooked.

I think if any team it was not Force India but Sauber Alguer was talking about. When he said it Hulk was still at FI and Perez at Sauber. Kamui was having a terrible season and I though (unfortunately) he's being axed. Gutierrez was next in line but he had done no testing and it seemed very unlikely they'd have two Mexicans behind the wheel at the same time. I thought Gutierrez would move into Perez seat after he'd go and join Ferrari. When Perez was announced at McLaren I though Alguersuari's chances had increased as Sauber had two seats and could fit Gutierrez into one of them. When they hired the Hulk (a much better choice in my opinion) he was out. He probably tried desperately to get into the available seat at FI but was never even considered.

Jaime's first mistake was to say he had a seat when it was not certain, if any other team was considering him (which I doubt) they'd look elsewhere. The second was to come out saying F1 became an auction just to try and make up for having opened his mouth too soon. Supose, he gets a seat next year, what then? How much did he pay for it? This being said, if he is half as good as he thinks he is I think he should try to go back to the lower echelons and fight his way back up and shut the f... up.

Surely we must expect an announcement before the final test this Thursday. The least they can do is give their no. 2 driver a full two days driving before he is expected to race the car two weeks later. ….. Surely.

This could be why HRT haven't been snapped up. Why go for a minnow when there's a potential fat fish to be hooked.

HaHa! I foresee the new Schumacher-Mercedes MS01, with Ross Brawn as team principal.......... Wiping the floor with the works team:tumbleweed: Take that & party.

I'll get my coat.........

FI have said they will make the driver announcement either today or tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. Its believed Sutil has got it due to Bianchi's manager Nicholas Todt throwing a strop to a french magazine.

I still think Bianchi will get a few races though. Probably at fly away races when Adrian suddenly comes down with a mysterious flu. Infact after being told certain things in the Sutil thread I have a feeling he's prop just about to start feeling a little ill just before Melbourne.

Back
Top Bottom