F1 to use AI for TV Graphics

RasputinLives

No passing through my dirty air please
Contributor
With Galahad taking a much needed break, F1 has had to resort to extreme measures to get it's much needed stats and graphics. Yes that's right AI! Skynet with very much be up and running on the Amazon feed on F1 next year.

F1 to use artificial intelligence TV graphics with Amazon in 2019

I'm not 100% sure how this works or that this is the best use of the technology. It does worry me that I'll push the button for Verstappen on board feed and be told by HAL that I don't want to do that. Also what if the AI gets fed up with not being represented and just switches the feed to Robot Wars?

Is F1 going all cutting edge with this or is it a gimmick? I doubt it will improve the racing.

For me my conspiracy theory towards the letter half of the season was i knew how :censored: a race was depending on much "interesting" trivia was on the screen. Because during Belgium partially loads only 1 i remember seeing it all that from bottom of eau rouge to the top was height of 2 double decker buses. But during italy usa & brazil. I can't remember seeing 1

I hope it gets bored and keeps cutting to someone deemed famous, sitting looking dejected and lonely in the back of garage looking at a screen, or so far zoomed-out that you can just make out a race track somewhere. Like now.

Back
Top Bottom