F1 Prediction Game

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
fat jez said:
Of have I misunderstood and the driver prediction game has not started yet?
For the record, I won't be running the prediction game this season as I won't have time.

Anyone else is free to do so though.

Re: Who will beat Whom - Cars 5 & 6

Brogan said:
fat jez said:
Of have I misunderstood and the driver prediction game has not started yet?
For the record, I won't be running the prediction game this season as I won't have time.

Anyone else is free to do so though.

Don't think I can do it sorry, any volunteers?

And is there going to be any FL this year?

How much work is involved in the prediction game? If its not much, then I could help out with it.

tooncheese said:
How much work is involved in the prediction game? If its not much, then I could help out with it.

It's basically a case of trawling through all these threads and collating who has voted for who (or you could start a new one and ask people to list their predictions in that thread instead). Then at the end of the season, totting up which team mate beat who and giving points for each correct prediction.

Is this driver/chump of the weekend, or the predictions done in the fun and games section?

I did have the idea of, possibly, combining the predictions game with the FL and offering a few Fantasy bonus points for the best predictions on each weekend.

This would help to avoid tied scores in the FL, since lots of players have identical team choices, and also reward players who continue playing "actively" during the whole season (i.e. submitting fresh predictions for each race).

Obviously though I wouldn't want to step on any toes - and it is good to have a mixture of different games of course.

I'll put a thread up in due course to discuss it, and get other ideas for FL 2011 but it felt worth mentioning here.

Galahad said:
I did have the idea of, possibly, combining the predictions game with the FL and offering a few Fantasy bonus points for the best predictions on each weekend.

This would help to avoid tied scores in the FL, since lots of players have identical team choices, and also reward players who continue playing "actively" during the whole season (i.e. submitting fresh predictions for each race).

Obviously though I wouldn't want to step on any toes - and it is good to have a mixture of different games of course.

I'll put a thread up in due course to discuss it, and get other ideas for FL 2011 but it felt worth mentioning here.

We could have a separate Predictions Championship which acts as a tiebreaker for FL in case of a tie?

Galahad said:
Sounds good to me.

Fine with me G but it can't hurt to get some feedback/ideas from everyone else.

fat jez said:
It's basically a case of trawling through all these threads and collating who has voted for whom.

Then at the end of the season, totting up which team mate beat who and giving points for each correct prediction.

Sounds like we need "Spreadsheetman!!"

BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN.

I actually used a fully automated spreadsheet for last season's game which was tied in to about 3 other spreadsheets, which were in turn tied in to who knows how many others.

It probably took me longer to create all the spreadsheets and formulae than it would have to do it all by hand :D

Ah, but I ran the prediction game when you had to guess the top 10 - 3 points for a driver in the right position, 1 point for a driver in the top 10 out of position.

When you mentioned it I thought you were on about the FB prediction game. Still I'll help out if needed, so is this the one where every says which teammate wins and if they win (By c_a_t's sysstem) they get so many points which is all tallied up. Can they change there choice throughout the season or not? Also what about HRT/virgin, they most likely wont score this year, how will this work. If you still have te spreadsheets, then you could send it to whoever ends up inn control, saves a hell of a lot of endless formula making.

Players can't change their choice, they need to decide on which team mate will come out on top before the first race of the season. It's all about one team mate finishing ahead of another in each race's standings, not how many points they score.

tooncheese said:
If you still have te spreadsheets, then you could send it to whoever ends up inn control, saves a hell of a lot of endless formula making.
Sadly the spreadsheets were hacked to within an inch of their lives thanks to HRT playing Hokey Cokey last season >:( so they're worthless.

It would be quicker and easier to start afresh, which is what I'll be doing for the standings and head to head.

Back
Top Bottom