Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nelsinho Piquet

• Kazuki Nakajima

• Heikki Kovalainen

• Total voters
I'll nail my colours to the mast and say Lewis Hamilton.

Yes Button had a lights to flag victory and didn't put a wheel wrong all race but then he was odds on to win it, having the fastest car and starting from pole.
Barrichello made a hash of the start but came through to finish 2nd, again in the fastest car on the track.

There were many notable drives but for Hamilton to come from 18th and finish on the podium in a car that is clearly at the bottom end of the runners when it comes to performance, for me makes him worthy of driver of the day.

Every award posted on this site seems to go to the man(!) but I have to say Lewis Hamilton, because I know that he's had a bit of luck, but it is the sign of a truly world class driver that he can take an absolute dog of a car and beat everyone but Brawn! If the diffuser row escalates, he could very well have just won the Australian Grand Prix! Yet again, of course, it was proved that he is the best overtaker in F1 given a sniff of a pass and, most satisfying for me, he beat Alonso hands-down from behind on the grid in an inferior car! Hamilton has shown he will not take being in an inferior car lightly and can challenge for the title if and when McLaren get their car sorted.

Honourable mentions:
J. BUTTON
T. GLOCK
J. TRULLI (unlucky)

It was a difficult choice but I voted for Vettel - he drove smoothly and fast through the whole race, and kept Button more than honest in what I suspect was a considerably more competitive car.

The little bit of silliness at the end with Kubica spoiled it but I don't think that was entirely, or even mostly, Sebastian's fault.

I have to agree with Gordon on this one. Before Vets and Kubs had there coming together Vettel was going to be my "driver of the day". He proved that the Diffuser 3 will not have it all there own way and he drove a good solid race.

Rubens performance reminded me of that seen in "Days of Thunder" where Tom Cruise is told to go back out and hit the pace car and when he asks why he's told it's because he's hit every other car on the track and he should aim for perfection. :snigger:

Obviously all praise to Jenson for his lights to flag victory and to Hamilton for getting something from a weekend that was dead and buried.

I'd like to make a mention of Nico Rosberg who was there or there abouts all weekend and was only hampered by the woeful performance of the car on those ultra soft tyres.

A great weekend though. Bring on Malaya.

Now this is a toughie. So many drivers up there for the honour of CTA's Driver of the Day . Button, Hamilton, Barrichello, Glock, Rosberg, Vettel, Kubica and Trulli. I, however, am going to vote for none of these and instead go for debut boy Buemi. The rookie showed such composure and class yesterday in a Toro Rosso which really doesn't look like it is going to hit the heights of last season. He may have been given 7th place by Vettel and Kubica's little clash and Trulli's penalty but he still finished the race, beat his more experienced team mate and, if it were not for KERS, would have overtaken Felipe Massa's Ferrari!

I may be alone here :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom