Domenicali out at Ferrari

Took longer than I expected.

Lets face it Ferrari have been treading water for a while now. Not that this is a new problem. Apart from the Schumacher era Ferrari have always been the team in F1 with the massive budget that doesn't know how to put it to good use since the late 70's.

Contrary to popular belief, they've had the fastest car at certain periods over the past 4years and obviously should've won the damn thing in 2010. I expected Stefano to get the boot after that debacle but he hanged on so it's a bit late in the day to finally get rid of him. The engine is obviously crap.

I'll give you sime very early in 2010 but I'm struggling to think when they shaped up as the out and out quuckest in 2012 if I'm honest.

I've never thought the car was a dog (Alonso loves to play the underdog in the media) but they have certainly not been moving forward as a team in the last 4 season. They've always been just behind and they haven't got any closer.

Like I've said before Ferrari have promised drivers, owners and media absolute wonders for the regulation changes this year and spent millions in bringing staff in. What they've ended up with is an overweight under powered car which got waltzed past down the straights if Bahrain by nearly everyone on the track. Domenicalli was always going to have to walk the plank.

Seems to me that they've made some relatively fundamental mistakes over the last several years, an example being whatever the problem was that they were having with their wind tunnel. Surely they had enough money to get that right ... :facepalm:

It won't make any difference, Whitmarsh is out of McLaren and that has made **** all difference, they are still shit even with Don Ron and the Frog in charge..

Last edited:
Mind you the current McLaren is effectively Whitmarsh's car so it'll take time to see improvements. Secondly I tend to think of Whitmarsh as Dennis's 'yes' man anyhow (I doubt Ron would tolerate somebody of independent thought) so not sure what difference it'll make.
Whether Domenicali was di Montezemolo's 'yes' man, I don't know, but Ferrari seems perhaps more chaotic in structure than McLaren and too idealistic towards the concept of an 'all-Italian' team at the expense of winning.

Poor Domenicali. I know he has said he is resigning, but his replacement is in situ, before he finished saying it. I think that a bit of unfriendly pushing may have been going on.
It's not good.

9MzEt6d.jpg

The Exact Moment.

That is very unkind Shogun and against the spirit of the sport.

What's your take on the RBR appeal dismissal?

And which other teams should we shoot down in flames because their 'luck' has run out?
Its unkind, no debate there. Sorry, not a Ferrari fan here, simply because of their attitude that a Ferrari is always the best just because its a Ferrari. Its just like that scene in the movie, "Rush" where Niki says the car is junk, to which the mechanic says, "you cant say that!" Then, when Niki asks why, the mechanic says, "because its a Ferrari!"
As for the RBR appeal dismissal, it is what it is. If Red Bull used their own calculation method, which is in of itself a breach of the rules, thats on them.

Last edited:
While I regret that both Alonso and Raikkonen don't have competitive drives, I'm OK with Ferrari having troubles. For some people their "villain" team is McLaren, for others it's insert-team-here, for me it's Ferrari. I haven't liked their historical policy of focusing on a single driver, or the - IMO indisputable - preference that the FIA has given them in the past. That aside, as was mentioned by rufus_mcdufus, Ferrari seem to have recently gone down the "very Italian" route, historically speaking it was when they were at their most cosmopolitan that they were at their most successful. Seems like they should rethink that. Perhaps with Brawn available, plus now Bell, they have an opportunity to do that. I'm wondering, though, whether Brawn will be interested in having to deal with all the politics associated with a leadership position at Ferrari.

Its unkind, no debate there. Sorry, not a Ferrari fan here, simply because of their attitude that a Ferrari is always the best just because its a Ferrari. Its just like that scene in the movie, "Rush" where Niki says the car is junk, to which the mechanic says, "you cant say that!" Then, when Niki asks why, the mechanic says, "because its a Ferrari!"
In this particular case I don't think they are giving him the "attitude". I think everybody was afraid of Enzo. Particularly Piero (which was no mechanic) ... and Niki said shit not junk LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom