Democracy at Work - a.k.a. "Sticking Ones' Neck Out!"

Are you happy with the current Owner and his Team of Moderators?

• 1 - Very much so (long may they continue)

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • 2 - Mostly (minor issues only)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 3 - Reasonably (could improve)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - Not really (have several issues)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - No ('bye then...)

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am very happy with the forum (wish I'd joined much sooner, tbh).:thumbsup:

However, if Brogan feels that the ownership and administration of it no longer gives him the same pleasure, then surely it his prerogative to pass it on? Even as a relative newcomer, I have smelt the whiff of 606 tainting some of the threads (and yes, I have bitten when I should have known better...:disappointed:)

Overall I reckon this to be THE best site for all round general discussion with regard to Motorsport. We have a good gang on here and the site is well run, despite, as is to be expected, the odd disagreement with the powers that be. I mean, are you EVER 100% behind your favourite Political Party for instance ? I doubt it... :)

If Paul does sell the site, nothing much will change, the moderators will stay the same (I bloody hope so ;) ) and we'll try to keep things as nomral as possible until then. Yes it has been hard recently but its never a rose garden and we are doing our best and we all make mistakes (I know I have :o). Your support is gladly appreciated :thumbsup:

I am very happy with the forum (wish I'd joined much sooner, tbh).:thumbsup:

However, if Brogan feels that the ownership and administration of it no longer gives him the same pleasure, then surely it his prerogative to pass it on? Even as a relative newcomer, I have smelt the whiff of 606 tainting some of the threads (and yes, I have bitten when I should have known better...:disappointed:)

ROB - The intention behind this thread is to try to grasp the Memberships overall feeling about CTA. In Canada we used to say "Put Up or Shut Up". If it works this poll should show that people are generally satisfied and if that IS the case then let's just get on with the Forum and stop whining about minor likes and dislikes.

I am also hoping to show Mr B we are behind him, but I agree ROB that it is entirely up to him, of course, as to what he does in the future with regard to this Forum. It belongs to him. It is his...

I have to say I can sum up the members of this site by an incident that happened on here just after the Candian GP. A certain well known on 606 poster was obviously very unhappy at being moderated during posting and had registered in a different name and proceded to post and attack the forum, its moderators and its members by posting various, pretty disgusting and graphic insults - and you know what was great about it? not one poster on here reacted - everyone just continued posting like he wasn't there and that his posts didn't exist probably making the guy in question even more annoyed. To me that sums up the class of posters that CTA has - everyone knew ignoring him was the best option and the mods then just got rid of all his bile and it was like it never existed. Absolutely brilliant.

As for the cry of "606!" that often goes round, can I just say this place has never even approached 606 level - never. The main example is the recent Whitmarsh debate - yes its been raging and yes tempers have been frayed but there have been no insults, no walkouts and for the best part everyone has agreed to disagree. Whats more even though I've argued with certain posters to the hilt on the issue I still found myself reaching for the like button on a post thy made on a completely different issue and have found in turn they have pressed like on mine. There are always going to be arguments on forums and they are always sometimes going to go a little to far - otherwise we wouldn't need mods right?

Now I don't know Mr B and have only exchanged a couple of PMs with him but I know he works dam hard on this site and I'm sure as we all know when we work so hard on something it can become a sensitive issue. From his post in the 'troll' thread you can see he puts in a lot of hours and was asking us to do the same. He mentioned the need for a new mod - I myself did actually think about PMing back when the question was asked but my wife to be has certain health issues at the min and I'm not sure I could promise the time commitment - and he's right if you feel strongly about the site then step forward and do your bit and take the load off his shoulders.

At the end of the day its the internet and someone is always. always going to do something you don't like but if it works 99.9% of the time then why claim its broken.

Peace to one and all - lets feel the love in the room.

I have major respect for Brogan, and I mean major. It's not easy to run a forum especially from scratch, I have been with a few from the start and have seen them struggle but a lot of hard work put in for them to progress, and what Brogan has managed to achieve here is quite something.

I can understand that he can get sensitive as he puts so much work as do the moderators (I hope LOL), but sometimes we all get heated.

The forum has a few minor issues, but they come and go (what place doesn't have minor issues?) and we all learn from them.

I am pretty sure if someone here tookover, the site will see some rapid changes and won't maintain the same standards.

So I raise my glass to Brogan, the CTA "Staff", and the CTA members :cheers:

This place is 1st class.I know SFA about how a site is run but the day after day input must be draining.Even if I could,I wouldn't do it.
If you start something from day 1 it's your baby and I can understand someone getting hot under the collar when it's not used the way you want it to be used.
However,I think Whippet was just having a bit of a laugh and there's nothing wrong with that IMHO.

As I said, this is a great forum and we should all move on.:please:

Back
Top Bottom