Could anyone repeat Hamilton’s 2007 season?

Il_leone - I wouldn't be surprised if Vettel at Aston Martin is a little like Mansell at McLaren... Humiliated by the existing driver, and leaving the team midway through the season...

Alternatively, he might dominate Stroll, and show that we've misjudged him...
He is expected to dominate Stroll given his stature and reputation only leclerc and Ricciardo have trounced him but Stroll has jmproved but still not fully consistent

Anything less than that might raise eye brows especially if he is struggling then some people might ask why is not another Mercedes driver in one of the cars

He is expected to dominate Stroll given his stature and reputation only leclerc and Ricciardo have trounced him but Stroll has jmproved but still not fully consistent

Anything less than that might raise eye brows especially if he is struggling then some people might ask why is not another Mercedes driver in one of the cars
It’ll take a fair bit to raise Stroll’s eyebrows.

I think Lance might be a bit more Kimi than Danni. I suspect Seb will have good season in 2021 as he will be the focus for the team, which worked for him at Red Bull until Ricciardo came along, and at Ferrari until Le Clerc came along. Whether he will carry on into 2022 remains to be seen. As has been mentioned before, he has a growing family and it changes your perspective.

I think Lance might be a bit more Kimi than Danni. I suspect Seb will have good season in 2021 as he will be the focus for the team, which worked for him at Red Bull until Ricciardo came along, and at Ferrari until Le Clerc came along. Whether he will carry on into 2022 remains to be seen. As has been mentioned before, he has a growing family and it changes your perspective.
Not sure Lance will be happy with that and be askjng his Dad why?

Vettel needs to feel loved.. it seems to go badly wrong for him if he is not

I’d completely agree about Il_leone ’s analysis of Vettel... he is very temperamental as a driver, and needs to feel the team is built around him.

When Leclerc started beating him, the wheels started falling off... When Ricciardo started beating him, the wheels similarly fell off!

The 2007 season was very strange, with McLaren being removed from the team standings and fined $100 million for cheating, while the drivers were allowed to keep their points (purpotedly for turning state's evidence).

Back
Top Bottom