Consistent? Who?

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
This season there are a hell of a lot of drivers in the proximity of the title leader after 3 races. Though Alonso, Button and Vettel have taken 25 point hauls, three drivers (Rosberg, Hamilton, Kubica) hang on to their coattails without a victory and one (Massa) leads them without a victory.

It seems there will be a premium on consistency, on picking up the minor points when the Most Talentedâ„¢ drivers are not doing so. I'd like to know who Clip the Apex thinks are the most consistent drivers in the field.

Nico Rosberg has shown a good deal of Consistency over 2009 and early 2010, whilst Fernando Alonso has often been admired for this trait.

Personally, I would like to give a comment out to Nick Heidfeld, who has built his F1 career on sheer consistency and little else.

teabagyokel said:
Personally, I would like to give a comment out to Nick Heidfeld, who has built his F1 career on sheer consistency and little else.

So being consistently bad is good?

Heidfeld is a bit of a marmite driver. My opinion of him has been mainly that he's a "corporate driver", in that he got his drivers at Williams and BMW simply because he was German and BMW wanted a German in their car or with their engine.

Anyway, this isn't meant to be a debate on Heidfeld. For me Massa and Hamilton have been the most consistent over the last few years. Both had bad cars last year and both still managed to get some decent results, obvioulsy Massa prior to his accident.

Sakari said:
teabagyokel said: Personally, I would like to give a comment out to Nick Heidfeld, who has built his F1 career on sheer consistency and little else.
So being consistently bad is good?

I think it would be hard to argue that Heidfeld was bad in 2007. But hey...

Massa has certainly had the consistency edge on his much vaunted Finnish ex-team-mate, whereas Hamilton has had the pace edge on his not vaunted Finnish ex-team-mate.

Generally I think the points have little to do with this season, its just been an odd situation where the fastest team are unreliable and there are 3 other teams who are very hard choose between, 2 teams who are really not that far off and finally 2 out of 3 races have been a little out of the ordinary, rain affected, Drivers out of position, People getting strategies very right or very wrong.

But back onto the question, Who is the most consistent. Well its the guys really woh have been challenging for the title for the past 3 seasons, unfortunately no surprises there Alonso, Hamilton, Massa, Vettel, Button etc.

Today it is pointless being fastest without having consistency, So many top drivers now if you lack talent in one area your not going to be World Champion.

Perhaps it would be better to looks at who is the most consistent team?

Ferrari for instance threw away a Championship in 08 due to tactical errors and pitstop botches. RedBull threw away the championship because they were unreliable. Brawn GP/Mercedes GP almost threw away a championship because they couldn't develop the car as they wanted or couldn't get them working.

Its funny that since 08, JB has the most wins under his belt, does this mean he has been the most consistent? ;)

This season, Kubica and Rosberg have been the most consistent out of all the drivers so far (unless you count those at the back).

The thing is, if you are consistently in midfield in a bad car, then that is a good thing, but if you are in the same place in a good car, then that is anything but good.. I would say so far that MS has been a shining example of the later whereas Algewhatsisface has been an example of the former.

Back
Top Bottom