• Toro Rosso

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Haas

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Sauber

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be pedantic Ruslan we started in 1950 with 1 British manufacturer, ERA, which was used by 4 teams together with another 3 British registered teams who used non-British cars. There was also Cooper-JAP which had a British chassis powered by a USA engine and run by a USA team.

Only Williams and Mclaren are officially entered as British teams but teams like Red Bull, Merc and Renault owes a lot of its success to British engineers

I couldn't give a shit if the team is British or not, owned by Brits, managed by Brits, based in Britain, run by Brits.
My support is agnostic to geography and I think that's likely the case to more than a minority of forum members.
So it does not strike you as odd that there are 8 votes for Williams and only one for Ferrari. Do you think we would see the same vote totals in an Italian forum?

Well it could be that the forum is more a fan of race teams than manufacturers and that Williams and McLaren have more of a history.

I would suggest the lack of love for Ferrari comes more from it recent driver line ups and attitude rather than to do with them being Italian.

Or it could be the board has a large number of British members and anglophiles in it (I did vote for Williams).

So it does not strike you as odd that there are 8 votes for Williams and only one for Ferrari. Do you think we would see the same vote totals in an Italian forum?
Not really.
It also doesn't strike me as odd that there are 12 votes for "British" (by your reckoning) teams and 18 for non-British (by your reckoning) teams.
Stat that one for me.

You either love Ferrari watching the red cars win exemplified by the way Villeneuve and Mansell drove or you loathe by the way they treat their No 2 drivers who are not allowed to race their No 1's and making deliberate attempts to hold F1 ransom as we've seen as well.

Ferrari are also loathed because they seems to think they are F1 as well as get some $50m royalty payment a year

Okay a while back someone put on the thread something similar naming your teams from favourite to most hated

At the bottom in general were

Ferrari - reasons already explained
Red Bull - their shameful treatment of Renault was pathetic and subsequent whining how they were getting beat every week and it was not fair
Sauber - poor management - how do you end up with signing 4 drivers all with valid racing contracts for two seats ??!!!
Lotus (Team Enstone)- poor management - the owners Genii capital crippled the team to the point of almost being closed down with bailiffs chasing them for owed money for unpaid tax , engine bills and anything else Bernie could get his hands on

So it is not purely down to nationality of teams

Merc just snuck past McLaren for second and Red Bull are now equal third.

Both Italian teams languishing at the back.

Or it could be the board has a large number of British members and anglophiles in it (I did vote for Williams).

You know I'm British and proud to be so but it's not why I voted Williams, for me they are one of the last privateer teams that came good and showed the 'bigger and better' teams how it was done.
I have never followed a British driver as you know, Villeneuve (Canadian), Alonso briefly (Spanish) and now Vettel (German) and I'm developing a liking for Leclerc (French). So my choices don't go by loyalty to my countrymen, they go by people who inspire me at the time be that drivers or teams. I assume many others are the same in their opinions.

It used to be Williams and Mclaren but there is only so much disappointment you can take. They are no longer inspiring or deserve the loyalities from my youth.

I can honestly say I don't have a favorite or even particuarly a team I don't like.

I would like to see Renault do well and Redbull Honda in 2019, but that is more for the good of the sport to improve F1 as opposed to them being my favorites.

For me im not a team guy im more a individual my fondness for a team depends who is driving for them Probally bar force india who are expection but only because of their underdog status, because when button left benetton & BAR/honda. I didnt care about the team he left, only the team he joining. If lewis moves to ferrari i won't care about Mercedes

Methinks thou dost protest too much RasputinLives

I’ll admit that the latest noise on Hammy’s future may give you some hope for your otherwise dead-end throw-away rash-thinking bet, but hope is all it is my friend, hope is all it is.

How could he not drive for the red team eventually huh, huh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom