Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Sauber

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RasputinLives

No passing through my dirty air please
Contributor
Hot on the heels of CTA's Favourite driver poll please roll up for CTA's Favourite Team. Mr Horner...yeah no...I don't think you'll be required to come to the podium for this one. Having said that I've been very wrong about these things before.

Rules are the same as before. Pick your 3 favourites (or just one or two if you like). Vote is completely anonymous. Feel free to tell us who you voted for is you wish but let's focus on the what we likes and not what we hate. We're all about the positivity in this thread - i'm sure someone will do a least favourite team thread where the dark side can be set free.

The winning team will be granted permission to run the CTA logo on their car. Well permission from me which is worth nothing as it's not my site or logo. Prob get a law suite from Brogan but that will be fun too.

I have no idea how this vote is going to go. Poll is open for a month.

This is only for current F1 teams at mo. I know a poll featuring now defunct teams would go a very different way. i.e. Minardi would win by a country mile.

Okay, I voted Williams. I'm not really a team supporter as such, I'm more of a driver follower instead, but I do have a soft spot for Williams and when push comes to shove, or I'm asked to give an opinion, they are the ones I go for. It's a shame they're doing so badly at the moment after all those years of glory.

I've been a Williams fan since their Saudia Leyland days, it's a shame to see them fading.
Other teams I blow hot & cold on are Mclaren, Force India and Sauber; the latter two as I see them as battling underdogs.
Red Bull I feel about them the same way I feel about Christian Horner. Once he's gone I might begin to like them.
Ferrari, it depends on the driver.
Mercedes, meh.

In recent years ive had growing soft spot for force india. I feel they are successful minardi, 1 of small budgets on the grid fighting the bigger teams & defeat them on occasion. Its what sports about. Yes you want to see world class quality but you want to smaller teams win

This season I've gone for Williams, Haas and Red Bull.

Williams because I've always had a soft spot for them. Haas because I'd like to see a start up outfit do well. Red Bull because they're the only top three team in F1 who aren't Mercedes or Ferrari.

Interestingly every team now has at least one vote and the spread is far more than with the drivers.

Williams are out front. This is the only time you'll hear that said all season.

Well, are the majority of the people on this forum British? How many British teams are there now...really only two (McLaren and Williams). Who is a nicer guy, Ron Dennis or Frank Williams?

Are people that nationalistic? It not something that's ever floated my boat but you are probably right. But then again nearly all the teams are based in the UK.

@Rusian

Mercedes are based in the UK and were formerly Tyrell /BAR/Brawn so it is a British heritage to it

Red Bull formerly Jaguar again with a British heritage

Renault formerly Toleman/Benetton and Lotus so again with British history

Force India formerly Jordan

The only non British teams were Sauber who were based in Switzerland and briefly became BMW

Ferrari who have always been Ferrari

Haas who are from the US

Toro Rosso who were formerly Minardi

@Rusian

Mercedes are based in the UK and were formerly Tyrell /BAR/Brawn so it is a British heritage to it

The only non British teams were Sauber who were based in Switzerland and briefly became BMW

Haas who are from the US

You are not telling me anything that I don't already know....and this does not invalidate my point in any way.

@Rusian

Haas who are from the US

We have gone from a series that used to have 8+ British teams and only a few non-British teams, to one where only two of the teams are British owned....and I actually don't know what the current ownership situation is of McLaren. It is still 50% British owned?

While there is a British basis to most teams, Mercedes is a long way from the teams run by Ken Tyrrell. Most teams home bases are in Britain and the majority of personnel are British. Still it is a very different world than what is used to be.

Back
Top Bottom