Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

They blamed the strength of the Euro too

Expect more AAA titles to be priced at this level as people will still buy it regardless of the price.

There, There McZ don't worry.

I am also in the PS2 club.

I also am the proud owner of a PS1, A BBC Master and an Amiga 600 all in working condition. Nothing like Retro gaming !!!

Well I was quite late to the next-gen gaming systems.

I had a PS2 and got rid of it after the last GTA.
I must have had at least a 5 year break before deciding on the Xbox 360 over the PS3.

Gaming these days is completely different to the old systems though.
It's all about online which really changes the experience.
It's much more fun/social though with the ability to talk to team mates/opponents.

In addition to gaming the Xbox also streams audio and video and the PS3 even has an embedded web browser.

The new generation of TV's even have Adobe Flash chips installed ready for the "online" services that will become normal.
Imagine watching F1 with the timing data from the F1 site embedded in the image :D

Gaming sales last year were actually higher than music and DVD sales combined :o

while my PS3 is vastly superior to my 360 in every imaginable way, i fear a certain meerkat may very well haunt my bones if i buy this game to use on a sony built device :snigger:

cider_and_toast said:
There, There McZ don't worry.

I am also in the PS2 club.

I also am the proud owner of a PS1, A BBC Master and an Amiga 600 all in working condition. Nothing like Retro gaming !!!

pff! amateurs, ive got an arcade machine so old it still thinks flares are in fashion, space invaders FTW! :snigger:

Brogan said:
If by vastly superior you mean no in-game voice comms then yes, I'd agree :p ;)

I can only assume 'in-game voice comms' is a euphemism for 'groups of cheeky 11 year olds telling you where to stick your controller', in which case, yes as i said vastly superior :D

well call me crazy but when i comes to the trenches, the last thing i want on my side is a flamin meerkat!

I mean come on, does this fill you with confidence?

meerkat_medium.jpg

After all the discussion about retro-gaming, I thought I'd dust the cobwebs off my ps2. I dragged in down (kicking and screaming) from the attic and connected it to my digital t.v. It was great, but every time I want to play on it, I need to tune it in! And then, when I want to watch t.v., I need to completely disconnect it & re-tune in the t.v. again!

I was quite enjoying Gran Torismo 2, as well... Oh well, ps2 sent back to the loft.

That doesn't sound right?

How are you connecting the PS2 to the TV?
You have a choice (in order of quality) of:
Component
s-Video
SCART
Composite

Most TV's can take S-Video, Scart & Composite but you will need a newer one to use Component.

Or, you could just get yourself an Xbox 360 and join us :D

I don't know! LOL

I've connected it via the ariel socket. (Not Scart, S-Video or Component, so is that Composite?) It has one of those splitter things, which on previous tv's would automatically switch to the ps2 when I switched it on.

I now have a sony digital tv, which I presume I need to select analogue for the ps2. When I first switched the ps2 on, nothing happened, so I selected auto-tune and the tv then found the ps2 picture. When I switched the ps2 off, the analogue was no-longer tuned to any tv channels, and when changed to digital would only find some of the channels! I had to completely disconnect the ps2 and auto-tune the tv again to get all the channels back.

LOL
It all becomes clear.
You're connecting via the most basic signal which is composite/RF.

If I was you I'd connect via component if your TV supports it, failing that s-Video or SCART.

Trust me, the picture quality will be many, many times better.
A bit like going from an old crackly valve mono radio to a DAB digital stereo receiver.
Or to put it in cider terms, from a warm bottle of Asda's own brand cider in a plastic bottle in a dingy back alley to a chilled glass of Severn Cider whilst sat in the beer garden.....surrounded by Playboy Bunnies :D

If you've still got all the bits in the box you might even have some of the cables and convertors already.

Of course, to get the absolute best picture quality, you're going to need to upgrade to an Xbox 360 LOL

Brogan said:
LOL
It all becomes clear.
You're connecting via the most basic signal which is composite/RF.

If I was you I'd connect via component if your TV supports it, failing that s-Video or SCART.

Trust me, the picture quality will be many, many times better.
A bit like going from an old crackly valve mono radio to a DAB digital stereo receiver.
Or to put it in cider terms, from a warm bottle of Asda's own brand cider in a plastic bottle in a dingy back alley to a chilled glass of Severn Cider whilst sat in the beer garden.....surrounded by Playboy Bunnies :D

LOL Ahhh, now I see!

If you've still got all the bits in the box you might even have some of the cables and convertors already.

I'll trott off back to loft. I'm sure the box is still there, but not sure about those leads. Fingers crossed.

Of course, to get the absolute best picture quality, you're going to need to upgrade to an Xbox 360 LOL

Sounds good, but I'm in a cash free zone at present! :disappointed:

Hey, if you want retro gaming I got my Mega Drive out of the spare room the other day and gave both my kids a beating on Lotus Turbo Challenge. I can't come close to them on any modern consoles but I'm the Daddy when the Mega Drive come out!

Back
Top Bottom