C_T_A Crossword I

McZiderRed

Champion Elect
Supporter
You've no doubt heard of "The Times Crossword". Train journeys would be dull without it!

I bet you've whiled away a few hours on holiday with one of those quiz book things. It's either that or a dull auto-biography! :bored:

Well, beat back the dull humdrum mediocrity of the close season, because now there is the Clip the Apex Crossword!
And here it is!

The crossword grid is attached to the bottom of this post, but first the clues...

Across

1. Jenson’s home town.
4. An agreement, which although re-signed, it flies no-more.
7. A resort. It could have a mineral spring, a bit like Bath.
8. Which nation ran a domestic Formula One championship, between 1960 and 1975?
10. Some call it a genus that includes bird's-foot trefoils; some call it a cross-legged sitting position used in yoga!
11. I rally so I’m Finnish?
14. Which Jones attended Xavier College and was the son of Stan.
15. Retardation due to friction.
16. During World War I he was a mule-shoer in the Italian Army. In 1923, he acquired the…badge which decorated the fuselage of Francesco Baracca's (Italy's leading ace of WWI) SPAD S.XIII fighter. What was his first name?
17. Italian driver nicknamed “the Abruzzi robber”.
21. Corners that can be taken at very high speed need this.
22. In 1997 this pay driver out qualified Damon Hill, in Belgium and Japan.
23. Welshman that paid a high pryce in South Africa.
24. Time after TAG.
25. Scuderia from the 1960’s funded by Giovanni Vopli.

Down

1. Who is FOTA urging to let them know what they think about F1?
2. Who won the British GP in 1955?
3. See 9 Down.
5. Not under, nor giving.
6. What valve system was used on the Mercedes-Benz W196 and Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR?
9. (And 3 down) The current race director in Formula One.
12. The track which hosted eleven Formula One Australian Grand Prix events from 1985 to 1995
13. Son of the retired Formula One driver Satoru who drove for Williams in F1.
18. In Germany, theirs was silver. In Milton Keynes, theirs was deemed just a “Shadow”.
19. In F1, the tyre would need studs! Rally cars, yes, but for F1 it’s the wrong type!
20. The North Sea, but it's running out. Olive, maybe virgin but not Branson’s. Perhaps Popeye’s lady's last name...

Just copy the attached crossword grid and complete for added authenticity. :popcorn:

Attachments

• crosswrd_1.JPG
    crosswrd_1.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 252
OK, two months should have given you enough time to print off the crossword and completed binned it.

So below is the solution. Close your eyes now if you don't want to know the score...

Attachments

• crosswrd1a.JPG
    crosswrd1a.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 199
Back
Top Bottom