Brundle, Croft and Kravitz to Sky? :(

tranquility2k9

Podium Finisher
I've been trying not to think about F1 going over to sky next year but the news I've just seen today has made my heart sink a little. I go by this article in the Telegraph:- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...-Sky-TVs-new-Formula-One-commentary-team.html

Unfortunately, it looks like Brundle and Croft will go over to Sky and form their commentary team. I find that strange seeming as they are now both lead commentators and I really cannot imagine Croft as being in the "analyst" role, therefore, Brundle would essentially step back into his old role. I actually think Brundle is brilliant as lead commentator and have to say I have loved his relation with David Coulthard in the commentary box this year.

The next annoying thing is that BBC supposedly have the option to share the commentators with Sky, but are unlikely to do so? Surely the majority of fans would prefer they shared commentators and that way we could still keep the same team. I thought it was going to work that way with just Sky and BBC having separate presenters/analysts surrounding the coverage?

Anyway, the final nail in the coffin is that Ted Kravitz also looks like he might be going to Sky and I personally really enjoy Ted's insight. He doesn't always get it right, but I think he is a very likable person.

Oh well, I can see Sky taking everything from BBC and then BBC coming up with a 2nd rate presentation/commentary team. I am not happy with BBC in all of this - they don't seem to be doing anything the fans want and more just looking after themselves.

I think Jake has got the Olympics, so he is unlikely to join the others. It must be hard for him though, because like Steve Rider before him, he obviously loves the sport.

Dear BBC, I know you’re strapped for cash and the big bad SKY bullies are buying up your commentators so I’m offering my services as the next F1 commentator for absolutely free! I can make all the classic mistakes of Murray, I can take the wee wee like Brundle and be as boring and hated as Legard.

Hey we can all dream! lol

I didn't really expect Brundle to stay with the BBC after he tweeted he was "not impressed" with the deal. Wasn't really expecting the other 2 to go though...

There welcome to Ted 'lets get excited about nothing' Kravitz!

I expected Brundle to go and whislt I'll miss him as long as they don't promote Coulthard to lead commentary I think I'll get over it.

Does Jonathan Pearce like F1? Him and Anthony Davidson please. Davidson is a great in co-commentary because just like James Hunt was he's immensly bitter with the whole sport.

Dear BBC, I know you’re strapped for cash and the big bad SKY bullies are buying up your commentators so I’m offering my services as the next F1 commentator for absolutely free! I can make all the classic mistakes of Murray, I can take the wee wee like Brundle and be as boring and hated as Legard.

Hey we can all dream! lol

Dear Sky/BBC I'll do it for less and my voice is much more interesting! Think a twin turbo on fire! Failing this I'll join with Vortex as either lead or analysist!
Yes Vortex we all can dream!

David Croft says he 'has nothing to tell' about sky speculation. That could mean either that this is just pure speculation, or a deal has been agreed and he doesn't want to reveal it yet.

Wonder if we'll get Tony Jardine and Keith Huewen to present the coverage on Sky, seen as both are signed up to their motorsports coverage. Or for you red blooded men out their Charlie Webster would be a good choice as a presenter, she did a fine job presenting GP2 on ITV4 when they'd had coverage.

Personally would rather the Beeb kept Brundle and Coulthard together and Sky takes Crofty and Davidson on as both commentary teams are good together, would be a nightmare having Croft and Brundle together think Davidson suits been in the commentary box better with Crofty.

Well with Sky getting Ted Kravitz, you lads can breathe easier and still have Lee McKenzie on screen for the beeb or she could do the presenters job. Reckon Eddie Jordan will stay with the beeb as i don't think Sky would take him on.

Well one part of the three has joined Sky. Question is will the other two follow? My Guess is Crofty could do he's done a bit of work for Sky when goodwood on. But not sure about Kravitz now.

Back
Top Bottom